shape
carat
color
clarity

Fancy yellow with carbon spots??!

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
would you buy a fancy yellow with carbon spots? I'm trying to figure out how nuts that will drive me.
The ring is a custom piece up for resale but the price isn't really a big discount over going custom. Maybe 20-25 percent.
Looks like a couple of small spots but I haven't seen it in person. Need to decide today.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I couldnt really say without seeing some up close pics of the stone. Hard to tell whether the fancy color outshines the carbon
spots or the spots really ruin the look of the stone. I'm assuming this is a RHR and not an engagement ring?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are they easily visible to the naked eye? How close do you need to be to see them? What has the vendor advised regarding the spots? Have you got a close up photo of the stone to help you decide?

If I couldn't see them and they didn't upset the "light show" then just knowing they are there wouldn't bother me. Seeing them everytime I looked at my ring - that would bother me.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
winternight|1326466515|3102040 said:
would you buy a fancy yellow with carbon spots?

I would if it looked like a good fit and if it came with an ironclad idiot-proof return-for-full-refund policy, which I'd require in writing, signed and dated.

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Fancy yellow with carbon spots??! ok now with pics....

Ok, I give up. I'm posting details. It is the Leon M. ring. Love the design, color, everything but I'm concerned about black spots. And the price is eh, so-so. I feel a little weird posting it here (since the seller and GOG both read/post here) but you guys give such great advice, things I never think about actually. And other potential buyers have posted about items.

Husband is not really helpful, he's like whatever you want to do but prefers that I purchase with a credit card even though it costs more than bank wire. He's also fine with me going custom, but custom does sort of freak me out. I think the color is pretty cool, I was a little worried about it washed out in some lights, but overall I actually like a greenish tinged yellow --- like absinthe. ;-)

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8729/

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sure if you talk to GOG you can figure out some way to either see it before you buy, or return if you buy and don't like it when you get it.

So, talk to GOG.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

winternight|1326474229|3102140 said:
Ok, I give up. I'm posting details. It is the Leon M. ring. Love the design, color, everything but I'm concerned about black spots. And the price is eh, so-so. I feel a little weird posting it here (since the seller and GOG both read/post here) but you guys give such great advice, things I never think about actually. And other potential buyers have posted about items.

Husband is not really helpful, he's like whatever you want to do but prefers that I purchase with a credit card even though it costs more than bank wire. He's also fine with me going custom, but custom does sort of freak me out. I think the color is pretty cool, I was a little worried about it washed out in some lights, but overall I actually like a greenish tinged yellow --- like absinthe. ;-)

This is missdebby's ring :) I would need to know where the carbon spots are how it affecgts the appearance, and whether or not I could live with it. I would want a return period so I could try it out for a few days to see how I feel about it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Will Debbie let you return it? If so, I'd buy it, get it in and wear it for a day or two and see what you think. You pay return shipping if you don't want it.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have looked at the close-up pictures of that ring MANY times (omg I want it so much - if you get it post a million billion pictures!) and they would not bother me. But only you can say if they'll bother you. Personally, between the beauty of that diamond and the whole amazing ring, I would have no issues at all. Plus, I find the kind of facets that stone has sort of hide inclusions and make them less noticeable, because there's so much dark/light randomness going on anyway.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1326500024|3102482 said:
Will Debbie let you return it? If so, I'd buy it, get it in and wear it for a day or two and see what you think. You pay return shipping if you don't want it.

my thoughts as well :)

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the input! I might be a sort of you have to see it kind of decision. I just wanted to get a sense of whether people thought it was an absolute no or not.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a tough one.
The color of the FCD is gorgeous and the setting sublime in design and quality.

FCDs are weird animals.
I have a Fancy Intense Orangy Pink with horrid clarity and cut that even has windowing, but I cherish that thing for its needle in a haystack natural color, much like watermelon juice.
Some hues of FCD are exceedingly rare and I'm certain I'll never see another with this hue, especially in my price range.

IMHO, 0.60 ct. of Fancy Greenish Yellow (especially of that clarity) is just not rare and fine enough to warrant spending such big bucks to put it into a fine LM setting.
If the FCD color was pure Fancy Intense or Vivid Green, Orange, Violet, Blue, or Fancy Red, or even a fine Pink I'd be much more forgiving of a black carbon spot or two.

Most of the value is in the setting, not the FCD here.

That said, if you like it just buy it.
It is lovely, and a good value.

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
I don't look at it so much as a Fancy yellow with carbon spots, rather as a complete piece of jewelry.

Only you would be able to tell if it bothers you, but otherwise as a piece by itself, its very unique!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

winternight|1326474229|3102140 said:

Okay so it is an I1; sounds like you knew about the carbon spots. :wink2: I just saw your post in the other thread. I wouldn't be upset; they sounds like they were honest letting you know there were carbon spots. just my 2 cents. I like your new earrings! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results