color
clarity

Fancy yellow reset help (Poll)

What setting is best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mamalovesgems

Rough_Rock
Hello! I've been researching ideas on this board and wanted to get some help with my reset idea. I have a lovely 1.5 carat Fancy intense radiant in a simple setting that I wear sometimes with my channel set wedding band and its too thick all together and is not comfortable. Mostly it sits in the jewelry box because of the discomfort.
current setting.JPG
I'm trying to decide how to solve this problem. Either I want to break them up and wear my diamond on my right hand or get a very slim band. If I break up the set, the tapered baguette ring just doesn't have enough finger coverage for me to wear on it's own.

I'm drawn to BOTH big center stones and three stone rings, so I had a bit of fun with the photo editor :)
Please help me decide which direction I should go by voting...

ring idea 1.jpg ring idea 2.jpg ring 2017.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a little trouble voting because I am in favor of either a halo or three stone halo, but I prefer a white diamond halo around a yellow diamond whether it is one or three stones.

mamalovesgems

Rough_Rock
I have a little trouble voting because I am in favor of either a halo or three stone halo, but I prefer a white diamond halo around a yellow diamond whether it is one or three stones.

No worries! That's why I listed "Something Else"- white diamond halos are beautiful!

I can’t decide between the 3 stone ring with the white halos or the yellow diamond halo! So I vote both lol.

Actually, to throw a 3rd option in the mix, would you consider a double halo single stone ring? Inside halo in yellow diamond and outside halo in white diamonds, on a white diamond pave band. I think that would look stunning!

mamalovesgems

Rough_Rock
I can’t decide between the 3 stone ring with the white halos or the yellow diamond halo! So I vote both lol.

Actually, to throw a 3rd option in the mix, would you consider a double halo single stone ring? Inside halo in yellow diamond and outside halo in white diamonds, on a white diamond pave band. I think that would look stunning!

I had considered that style double halo but haven't been able to seen in person. I have seen the other styles before - single halo both white and yellow and three stone. I just can't go the custom route if I haven't seen one before- not sure if I would like it!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
5DAFA7E3-A7CA-4762-9D2F-347A2880C127.jpeg

Chose last option and found some pics from Astteria. Some are pink diamonds but same idea, just use yellow instead of pink diamonds? A few different halos here and of course more from the site:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

Yes this! White diamonds make the yellow pop. Also how did you do the photo editing thing? I want to try!!

Last edited:

mamalovesgems

Rough_Rock
Yes this! White diamonds make the yellow. Also how did you do the photo editing thing? I want to try!!

I have an Apple laptop so when you open a photo in the preview app, you can edit it. Select the object with the smart lasso and then you can copy/paste it to another photo also in the preview app.

So single or three stone halo with white?

mamalovesgems

Rough_Rock
5DAFA7E3-A7CA-4762-9D2F-347A2880C127.jpeg

Chose last option and found some pics from Astteria. Some are pink diamonds but same idea, just use yellow instead of pink diamonds? A few different halos here and of course more from the site:

Those are stunning! Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check it out. :)

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I have an Apple laptop so when you open a photo in the preview app, you can edit it. Select the object with the smart lasso and then you can copy/paste it to another photo also in the preview app.

So single or three stone halo with white?

I like the three stone :)

Bling_of_Fire

Rough_Rock
I recently did this with my yellow diamond.

I did a white halo but with big stones. Of course I’m boo-hooing over here because I just lost a stone but that’s a separate issue.

mamalovesgems

Rough_Rock
I recently did this with my yellow diamond.

I did a white halo but with big stones. Of course I’m boo-hooing over here because I just lost a stone but that’s a separate issue.

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about your lost stone.

I do think the white halo washes out the color a bit (like your original setting), so I would get an open cup for the stone. I've been told the yellow halo plus the cup will make my stone look like a vivid yellow.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What does it matter what I like?
You're not giving me the diamond.

Do you YOU like ... then again maybe you're one of the many who cares more about what others like than what you yourself like.
People surely do vary.

mamalovesgems

Rough_Rock
What does it matter what I like?
You're not giving me the diamond.

Do you YOU like ... then again maybe you're one of the many who cares more about what others like than what you yourself like.
People surely do vary.

lol, thanks for sharing your opinions.

mamalovesgems

Rough_Rock
Not sure if you are still pondering options, but heres another. Ive always wanted this ring!
Screenshot_20210228-132418_Chrome.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion! I'm leaning towards the yellow halo idea.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like a yellow halo, thin white diamond band.

If you do a double, you can keep the white halo on the outside and the yellow inside, just like that top right hand one @icy_jade posted. Big halo, but no dilution effect b/c it's yellow on yellow.

mamalovesgems

Rough_Rock
I like a yellow halo, thin white diamond band.

If you do a double, you can keep the white halo on the outside and the yellow inside, just like that top right hand one @icy_jade posted. Big halo, but no dilution effect b/c it's yellow on yellow.

Thanks for your input! I'm thinking single halo yellow with either diamond band or sidetones like traps or shields similar to this one (but yellow) with a pave band Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 6.06.49 PM.png .

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your input! I'm thinking single halo yellow with either diamond band or sidetones like traps or shields similar to this one (but yellow) with a pave band Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 6.06.49 PM.png .

Oooooo, I like that!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results