shape
carat
color
clarity

fancy yellow princess diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

doordonot

Rough_Rock
Hi folks, i''m looking at the following specs on a fancy yellow princess diamond and would appreciate comments.

cut: square modified brilliant (i.e. princess)
measurements: 5.99 x 5.83 x 3.73 mm
carat: 1.21
color origin: natural
color grade: fancy yellow
color distribution: even
clarity: VS2

There was not flouresence given, but was told that it is less an issue with yellow diamonds.

to my untrained eye, it looks really nice.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS.

It is said that the colour will make or break the deal where fancy colour diamonds are concerned, sometimes the cut may stray from more usual proportions for the purpose of bringing out the colour. We need the depth and table to help judge the cut, but the main thing is if you have seen it and love it, then that is THE MOST IMPORTANT thing with a fancy colour. Has it been colour treated in any way?

ETA - I see someone on the boards who knows a lot about these diamonds is here, perhaps they will see this post and help you.

doordonot

Rough_Rock
thanks Lorelei,

would the provided measurements provide the table & depth?

From a color perspective, it is natural (i.e. not treated according to the GIA cert). And the shade of yellow is just right ... (there are soo many shades even in fancy yellow!).

It does appear to sparkle well in white light, room light, and sunlight.

Are there any thing special I should look out for for fancy yellow diamonds?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The depth and table might be on the GIA report possibly, I am not sure if they are with fancy cuts and as it is a rare diamond it might have an older report anyway. The main thing with these diamonds is the colour from what I have learned from the experts here, with a fancy colour, the way the colour presents itself is the most important thing and if indeed, the diamond is pleasing to you. Fancy coloured diamonds are a whole different kettle of fish. If you love it then you may have found your diamond. I don''t know enough about fancy colours to properly assist you, but there are people who do, and perhaps they will chime in and help you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results