shape
carat
color
clarity

Fancy Yellow Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hootser

Rough_Rock
Would buying a better grade fancy yellow GIA (in color only) be a better long-term investment? I actually like the light yellow and yellow grades better. Any thoughts? I am talking about a 2 plus carat stone.

RubyBleu

Rough_Rock
Don't buy a Diamond as an investment - --

That said, there are some who are investing in coloured stones as part of a diversified portfolio -- something the average joe should never do. We're talking auction prices and market prices you would never have access to. Forget it.

hootser

Rough_Rock
The primary purpose is certainly not an investment -- but when you buy something you want to make sure you are being prudent in spending your money. I just want to increase my overall knowledge about fancy diamonds prior to a purchase.

sylvesterii

Shiny_Rock
If you are referring to truly "fancy" yellow stones, then by no means are they any where near as cheap as their colorless brethren. with that said, if you are refferring to diamonds in the m-z range, that have a yellow tint to them, then yes, they would be much cheaper. In a 2 carat stone, color will show up significantly more than in a small. so make sure that whomever will be receiving the stone enjoys them as well.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
I consider fancy yellows and fancy intense yellows a good investment at this time. They've got a good track record, having performed magnificently over the last 15 years, and seem to have a bright future. Fancy color diamonds are "all the rage" right now, and Ben Affleck buying JLo that 6 carat pink is not going to hurt any.

The key is buying right. You want to buy as close to wholesale as possible. If you were able to buy at say, 10% above wholesale, the appreciation on the stone would eat that 10% up in two years, and then (most likely) steadily increase from there.

Rich, GG
Sarasota Gemological Laboratory

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results