shape
carat
color
clarity

Fancy yellow diamond set design- ideas please

nouwwa

Rough_Rock
Hi
I finally purchased all the yellow cushion diamonds to make a set (earrings - 1 carat each: 5.4 X 5.4mm. Pendant 1.5 carat: 6.5 X 5.9mm. Ring 1.62 carat: 6.36x6.13mm)
But now the harder part is to actually pick a design and hoping you have some suggestions and ideas.
I want an everyday set but to still look impressive.
Ring- I have tried yellow diamond rings with a white halo around it and didn’t fall in love with the design, I’m leaning towards a 3 stone ring more. However the seller says it won’t have much finger coverage, so is suggesting a double halo, one yellow around the center stone then a white halo around all 3 stones. Similar idea to the photo attached. 2B168F31-508D-4356-919E-A0D4B3A8D9B0.jpeg
The seller has square radiants available that he suggested to use (3.5 mm) which I think are a good size.
Do you think it would look nice? Or too busy?

Earrings - I then want something to match the ring and liked the idea of the earrings attached E91577AC-3998-4D45-BA58-CC7AA68BF986.jpeg

Necklace - not sure if a pendant same as the earrings or a 3 stone necklace same design as the ring , with the yellow in the middle and 2 radiants on each side with the same halos . The picture attached is just to give an idea of the layout.
2A758B25-D5C5-4C13-B9C4-E60C40AA89C0.jpeg
Looking forward to your feedback and ideas.
Thanks in advance

If you’d like to make a set, I think having a similar setting style (double halo) for all three would be best. Personally, I LOVE double halos on fancy colour stones. I’m biased perhaps… (my e-ring to be from a now-ended relationship was an alphabet yellow stone with a yellow diamond halo in yellow gold and then a white diamond halo in white gold, with a pave white gold band. It was gorgeous.) if you really want a 3-stone you should go with that design, but a double halo looks beautiful and is very wearable also IMO. The earring design is also stunning.

For the pendant I would do a pendant like the yellow part of the earring (so no top stone), no bale, and a WG chain. If you’d like a bit more sparkle you can do a DBTY style chain.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For the earrings a large radiant next to a smaller asscher is not my cup of tea.
To me such drastically dissimilar cut patterns feels jarring.
The radiant has a zillion facets/virtual facets, while the asscher has fewer and larger facets.

Of course this is 100% personal preference.
If you like it, go for it.
But you did ask for opinions. :))

IMO the small rounds in the halo having a different pattern than the twp center diamonds is less of an issue since their facet size more closely matches the size of the facets of the big radiant.
Actually, I'd replace the white asscher with a similar-looking yellow radiant.

85.png

Last edited:

nouwwa

Rough_Rock
For the earrings a large radiant next to a smaller asscher is not my cup of tea.
The radiant has a zillion facets/virtual facets, while the asscher has fewer and larger facets.

IMO the small rounds in the halo having a different pattern than the twp center diamonds is less of an issue since their facet size more closely matches the size of the facets of the big radiant.

85.png

85.png

Hi
Thanks for your reply, actually my yellows which are the bigger stones are all cushions, the radiants would be as side stones.
I was just using the pictures as reference for design ideas

nouwwa

Rough_Rock
If you’d like to make a set, I think having a similar setting style (double halo) for all three would be best. Personally, I LOVE double halos on fancy colour stones. I’m biased perhaps… (my e-ring to be from a now-ended relationship was an alphabet yellow stone with a yellow diamond halo in yellow gold and then a white diamond halo in white gold, with a pave white gold band. It was gorgeous.) if you really want a 3-stone you should go with that design, but a double halo looks beautiful and is very wearable also IMO. The earring design is also stunning.

For the pendant I would do a pendant like the yellow part of the earring (so no top stone), no bale, and a WG chain. If you’d like a bit more sparkle you can do a DBTY style chain.

Hi
Thanks for your reply and I’m sure you have a lovely set
My only concern is that a simple double halo won’t look unique. Online I see many yellows in double halo I was wanting a unique design or just a little different from what’s on the market but still wearable everyday
So I’m very confused myself

Hi
Thanks for your reply and I’m sure you have a lovely set
My only concern is that a simple double halo won’t look unique. Online I see many yellows in double halo I was wanting a unique design or just a little different from what’s on the market but still wearable everyday
So I’m very confused myself

Well, I don’t have the set anymore unfortunately, but it was beautiful!

I liked your idea of the double halo with the side stones as well, if I didn’t make that clear. Was just providing other suggestions. Another way of adding uniqueness could be by making a more unique band design, if that appeals to you. Like perhaps you do a pave tri-wire type design (would have to be thicker than tri-wire but you get my meaning) but the middle wire is WG/WD and the outer wires are YG/YD. Or vice versa. If the halos are delicate you could do a central cushion with a double halo, and side stones with single halos. You can even halo the side stones with YDs instead of WDs. As long as the stones don’t encroach past the top of your finger on to other fingers it will most likely look wearable for everyday. If it does encroach then it’s a matter of personal taste. Some find it alright, some don’t.

nouwwa

Rough_Rock
Well, I don’t have the set anymore unfortunately, but it was beautiful!

I liked your idea of the double halo with the side stones as well, if I didn’t make that clear. Was just providing other suggestions. Another way of adding uniqueness could be by making a more unique band design, if that appeals to you. Like perhaps you do a pave tri-wire type design (would have to be thicker than tri-wire but you get my meaning) but the middle wire is WG/WD and the outer wires are YG/YD. Or vice versa. If the halos are delicate you could do a central cushion with a double halo, and side stones with single halos. You can even halo the side stones with YDs instead of WDs. As long as the stones don’t encroach past the top of your finger on to other fingers it will most likely look wearable for everyday. If it does encroach then it’s a matter of personal taste. Some find it alright, some don’t.

Hi
Thanks for the explanation
Do you mean something like the pictures attached?

Attachments

• 23DC4CBD-2A56-49DE-AD82-ED1976D31605.jpeg
    23DC4CBD-2A56-49DE-AD82-ED1976D31605.jpeg
    533 KB · Views: 10
  • 2AA46404-F47A-431E-94A6-EB2065C109A6.jpeg
    2AA46404-F47A-431E-94A6-EB2065C109A6.jpeg
    594.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 56C6A563-2FD4-479C-9BEE-244AACD4389A.jpeg
    56C6A563-2FD4-479C-9BEE-244AACD4389A.jpeg
    462.7 KB · Views: 10
Hi
Thanks for the explanation
Do you mean something like the pictures attached?

Yes, though my preference out of these is the one with the oval centre - the round one is a bit too ornate for my taste.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results