shape
carat
color
clarity

Fancy yellow diamon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emily12

Rough_Rock
I found a nice fancy yellow diamond in Chinatown (NYC). The yellow diamond is set in 18k white gold, the yellow diamond (pale yellow) is 0.74 carats which is on the center & on the sides has white diamonds, around 0.30 carats & was given a price of $2900.
I don''t know much about fancy yellow diamonds so I asked the salesperson what''s the grade, he said there is no grade on fancy yellow diamonds unlike the regular diamonds (VS1, SI1...), is this true? I love the setting but I''m not sure about the price so I''m asking all the experts out there.
33.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am just a consumer but there are clarity grades on fancy colour diamonds. If you google them on the internet you will see this.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2006 1:28:00 PM
Author:emily12
I asked the salesperson what''s the grade, he said there is no grade on fancy yellow diamonds unlike the regular diamonds (VS1, SI1...), is this true?
33.gif
Hi....welcome!

Not that''s not true. Fancy colored diamonds do get clarity grades when sent out for full lab reports. Colors are also graded...vivid, intense, light, etc...and all these factors play a part in valuing a stone.

I''d be pretty careful about this....I''d probably recommend working with a proven vendor who deals in yellow diamonds to be better assured of gettng a fair deal.

You might check out www.diamondsbylauren.com you can learn a lot on their site, and by checking their ebay sales, do some comparative pricing. I''m not sure, but $2900 for the ring described sounds a bit high...to me, anyway....

Good luck!
widget

conitta

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/2/2006 1:28:00 PM
Author:emily12
I found a nice fancy yellow diamond in Chinatown (NYC). The yellow diamond is set in 18k white gold, the yellow diamond (pale yellow) is 0.74 carats which is on the center & on the sides has white diamonds, around 0.30 carats & was given a price of $2900.
I don''t know much about fancy yellow diamonds so I asked the salesperson what''s the grade, he said there is no grade on fancy yellow diamonds unlike the regular diamonds (VS1, SI1...), is this true? I love the setting but I''m not sure about the price so I''m asking all the experts out there.
33.gif
What kind of return policy do they have? If you had a trusted jeweler you could take it and have it checked out and have the diamonds tested for sure to see if they are real.That really does not sound high to me. Is it a natrual yellow diamond or a canary yellow? Those 2 things would make it higher priced.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
I second checking with DBL. DBL carries a wide variety of yellow shades and different cuts. They also have an upgrade policy that you might want to take advantage of in the future.

maxspinel

Shiny_Rock
There are different types of GIA reports for fancy colored diamonds, full cert, color cert... However, without a certification, let alone the clarity grade , one can''t even be sure that the pale yellow diamond is actually in the fancy range.

Besides Diamonds by Lauren, you can also go the following sites to get an idea on the cost of fancy yellow diamonds.
- Icestore.com
- Fancycolordiamond.net
- Fancydiamonds.net
- Israel-diamonds.com
- Amgad.com

emily12

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all your replies.
I was just wondering what''s the difference between natural yellow & fancy yellow.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results