shape
carat
color
clarity

Fancy sidestones cost and where in NYC?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
Hi all!

I got the green light from Fiance to start researching for a reset. I''m looking to create a three stone with my current center stone of 1.29 RB with 2 heart shaped sidestones that come in anywhere from .30 (.60 total) to .5 (1 ct total). Not sure yet because I don''t have a concrete idea of the proportions.

I''ve only seen that combination 2x on PS and on a setting on Ritani''s site. So I''m a little intimidated by the fact that 1. I may have to go custom because Ritani''s settings are expensive and 2. I have to find a pair of perfectly matched heart sidestones.

So PSers, let me know where I can get a pair of heart shaped sidestones for less than or close to $1000. I''d love all the help I can get!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I absolutely love that combo!

I think almost all on here, including me, would recommend letting the jeweler who makes the ring find the sidestones. That seems to be the easiet and best way to get a nice match.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 8:02:27 AM
Author: Ellen
I absolutely love that combo!

I think almost all on here, including me, would recommend letting the jeweler who makes the ring find the sidestones. That seems to be the easiet and best way to get a nice match.

Ditto.

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Ellen! I had waaaaayyyyy back originally wanted this combination, but never had a windfall so I kept mum about it. Now, we''re in a better place and I piped up and Fiance didn''t bat an eyelash. ^_^

I can''t work with Leon because he''s a bit on the exorbitant side and only work with plat. I prefer white gold. So, do you think I should talk to Mark at ERD? Is there anyone else that would be highly recommended?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 9:42:51 AM
Author: lilythespitfire
Thanks Ellen! I had waaaaayyyyy back originally wanted this combination, but never had a windfall so I kept mum about it. Now, we're in a better place and I piped up and Fiance didn't bat an eyelash. ^_^

I can't work with Leon because he's a bit on the exorbitant side and only work with plat. I prefer white gold. So, do you think I should talk to Mark at ERD? Is there anyone else that would be highly recommended?
Besides Mark, GOG has someone now that's putting out really pretty pieces. They don't really advertise doing custom work, but they do, do it. So you might pop in and ask to see some of their work. Come to think of it, didn't you get your ring there? or at least your stone?

And if I ever had a huge windfall, I'd have a setting like this made in a heartbeat!
30.gif
Yay for you!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wink, from HighPerformanceDiamond is also a good source.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stone, I think she''s wanting to stay around NY.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamonds by Lauren are in NY and they''ve made a similar design on a number of occasions. I''m sure they could help. Here are some I found on their website:

http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/soldring-gia-200ct-fancy-intense-yellow-cushion-cut-w73ctw-heart-diamonds
http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/soldthree-diamond-ring-spectacular-intense-yellow-vvs1-radiant-diamond

I seem to recall seeing a slightly different design with a sapphire centre and more focus on the heart sides but I can''t find it at the moment (I might have dreamt it though)!!!

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 10:32:32 AM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Diamonds by Lauren are in NY and they''ve made a similar design on a number of occasions. I''m sure they could help. Here are some I found on their website:

http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/soldring-gia-200ct-fancy-intense-yellow-cushion-cut-w73ctw-heart-diamonds

http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/soldthree-diamond-ring-spectacular-intense-yellow-vvs1-radiant-diamond

I seem to recall seeing a slightly different design with a sapphire centre and more focus on the heart sides but I can''t find it at the moment (I might have dreamt it though)!!!

Holy smokes those rings are gorgeous. I nearly dropped my breakfast bowl! I will definitely get in contact with her.

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 9:53:11 AM

Thanks Ellen! I had waaaaayyyyy back originally wanted this combination, but never had a windfall so I kept mum about it. Now, we''re in a better place and I piped up and Fiance didn''t bat an eyelash. ^_^

I can''t work with Leon because he''s a bit on the exorbitant side and only work with plat. I prefer white gold. So, do you think I should talk to Mark at ERD? Is there anyone else that would be highly recommended?
Besides Mark, GOG has someone now that''s putting out really pretty pieces. They don''t really advertise doing custom work, but they do, do it. So you might pop in and ask to see some of their work. Come to think of it, didn''t you get your ring there? or at least your stone?

And if I ever had a huge windfall, I''d have a setting like this made in a heartbeat!
30.gif
Yay for you!

*blush* I am totally excited. I can''t believe it actually. I got my entire ring at GOG actually but I didn''t know that they did *any* custom work at all. I''ll have to check in with them. I''m much more comfortable with that than working with someone I haven''t before. However, I will have to go based on price.
39.gif
Even a windfall has limits!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 10:43:09 AM

*blush* I am totally excited. I can't believe it actually. I got my entire ring at GOG actually but I didn't know that they did *any* custom work at all. I'll have to check in with them. I'm much more comfortable with that than working with someone I haven't before. However, I will have to go based on price.
39.gif
Unless you win the lottery, sadly, yes.
11.gif

Keep us posted on how it goes, I can't wait to see this ring!

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 10:49:51 AM
Date: 3/29/2009 10:43:09 AM

*blush* I am totally excited. I can''t believe it actually. I got my entire ring at GOG actually but I didn''t know that they did *any* custom work at all. I''ll have to check in with them. I''m much more comfortable with that than working with someone I haven''t before. However, I will have to go based on price.
39.gif
Unless you win the lottery, sadly, yes.
11.gif

Keep us posted on how it goes, I can''t wait to see this ring!

Will do! If I can manage to do all my research and get the quotes in a timely fashion then it''s quite possible that I could start the process by June. In between wedding planning and teaching I''m not going to rush this and risk messing it up. I''m going enjoy every minute!

Rockit

Shiny_Rock
I agree, let the vendor who will be making the ring find the stones for you. Since there is already an established relationship, I''d start where the ring was originally purchased at GOG. Also, over the years I''ve seen several Diamonds By Lauren rings with gorgeous hearts as sidestones; I''m sure David can find what you desire in terms of stones and can have a lovely ring built as well.

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 11:15:14 AM
Author: Rockit
I agree, let the vendor who will be making the ring find the stones for you. Since there is already an established relationship, I''d start where the ring was originally purchased at GOG. Also, over the years I''ve seen several Diamonds By Lauren rings with gorgeous hearts as sidestones; I''m sure David can find what you desire in terms of stones and can have a lovely ring built as well.

Thanks Rockit. It''s always good to have a place to start with that someone else recommend. It makes me feel less like I''m grasping at straws.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Leon called my side stones in as we sat and designed the ring. It was fun putting all the possibilities together.
On the same trip, I did meet with a company that specializes in side stones, forgot the name, they were ticked
I didn''t buy my center stone from them, so they refused to send stones over to Leon when we called looking
for traps. Geez......

But really, I think the best way is to let the jeweler source them, they know what size, etc... to ask for.

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
Hi lily! Your idea for a reset sounds amazing! Love heart shaped diamonds
30.gif

Wanted to add that I''m working on a 3 stone ER with .50 ctw side stones from Leon now. I got a quote from ERD too and Leon''s quote was actually lower, by a lot. I think (though could be wrong) that Leon will work in 18k white gold as well, if you prefer not to have platinum. I''m sure ERD would do a great job, too and a friend of mine has an ER made by Diamonds by Lauren and she loves it and raves about David''s service.

Whoever you choose, I can''t wait to see the ring!!!!!!

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 8:41:45 PM
Author: gummibear
Hi lily! Your idea for a reset sounds amazing! Love heart shaped diamonds
30.gif

Wanted to add that I''m working on a 3 stone ER with .50 ctw side stones from Leon now. I got a quote from ERD too and Leon''s quote was actually lower, by a lot. I think (though could be wrong) that Leon will work in 18k white gold as well, if you prefer not to have platinum. I''m sure ERD would do a great job, too and a friend of mine has an ER made by Diamonds by Lauren and she loves it and raves about David''s service.

Whoever you choose, I can''t wait to see the ring!!!!!!

Hmm...I thought he only worked in platinum? Oh well, I guess it doesn''t hurt to ask! It''ll probably more expensive since I''ve already sorta made up my mind to go with .5 sides for 1 ctw. altogether.

I will ask him, ERD, and Diamonds by Lauren. I''ve emailed GOG already since I''ve worked with them before and fiance feels more comfortable with that. So we shall see on Tuesday what the response is!

I hope to have this ring soon!! I can''t wait either Gummmi! I feel like I won the lottery!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
if you only have 1,000 to spend no way are you going to get 1.0cttw sidestones, each stone that size probably costs at least 1,000 not counting the setting...

i would tell the vendors your budget outright and what you would want ideally to see what would be the best they could come up with....

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 9:06:56 PM
Author: Asscherhalo_lover
if you only have 1,000 to spend no way are you going to get 1.0cttw sidestones, each stone that size probably costs at least 1,000 not counting the setting...

i would tell the vendors your budget outright and what you would want ideally to see what would be the best they could come up with....

Asscherhalo Lover, thanks for the tip! Ideally I''d spend only $1000 on the stones alone. However, I did set aside more than that for the setting itself. I could skimp a wee bit on the setting instead if I needed. But we''ll see what happens!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results