shape
carat
color
clarity

Fancy owners, was your first diamond a round?

Fancy-Cut Owners: Was Your First Diamond a Round?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes
No

Yes, my first stone was a round. Now it''s a pear.
1.gif

I never wanted a round until just recently.... I wanted an oval and got a cushion and I still would take the cushion over any shape if I could only have one, but my second diamond will be round and much much smaller.

Nope, a Lucida. The next one will be a cushion or an emerald-cut.

Harriet, yay! I love my emerald cut, it is my second upgrade (very first was a round, and though I love them they do not send me over the moon!)

No I started with an OVAL. As long as earrings don''t count. My diamond studs are round and my first set was bought well before I was engaged.

Date: 2/12/2007 10:35:46 PM
Author: diamondfan
Harriet, yay! I love my emerald cut, it is my second upgrade (very first was a round, and though I love them they do not send me over the moon!)
I love your emerald cut too.
1.gif
I''m afraid I''ll have to wait a while.

Well, I did okay, my first stone was a round and then I got my first emerald cut, from Tiffany''s, which was beautiful, 3 carat center, 1 carat on each side, all E VVS...then I traded it for this one I have now, they were wonderful about it. I was married 15 years and turned 40 so I felt I had earned it!!! I have been slowly collecting my wish list items over the last years and it is great, I am sure it will come together for you too!!

Thank you -- I hope so too! i recently got my first upgrade, so I shouldn''t be too greedy. My wishlist is very short though.
2.gif

wishlists can evolve, too! so just love each thing you get and just know the list can be ever changing!

Nope first was a marquise. I was corrupted by the super ideal H & A beauties i found online.

shay

First was a pear. DH picked it and while I love it, I love ovals more....Bowties and all!

Not counting the earrings my first diamond was/is an emerald cut.

Yes, my first was a round. Pre pricescope days, bought at the mall. Like most mall stores, they had the usual, round, princess, marquise. Not a lot to chose from. I got lucky though. It sparkles like mad and seems to have arrows.

No, my first ring was a marquise, second was a round, third was a pear and fourth was a round...and I still have all of them...
14.gif
...my poor husband...

Nope, my first and curren r-ring stone was a radiant. My wedding band stones are rounds...because I got suckered into the light performance!

My first diamond ring, which I still have, was a 1.25 carat pear that was a 21st birthday present. For the next 2 birthdays, I got a 1.15 carat round and a .50 carat round. Then came a 1.03 carat marquise (my favorite shape), a 1.76 carat oval, another pear (3.56 carats), 2 radiant cuts (1.75 and 1.18 carats) and a 1.42 carat emerald cut. None of my colored stones are round, except for the rubies in a pair of earrings. All of my other round brilliants are in necklaces, bracelets and earrings, and set around the colored stones and on the bezels of watches. I also have one eternity ring made of rounds.

I started with a round because I didn''t know any better.
9.gif
Honestly, I had not seen other shapes before and RB was always touted as THE engagement ring. Once I started looking around later during an upgrade shopping session, I became aware of the other shapes and then found my true love, emerald cuts.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP