shape
carat
color
clarity

Fancy Intense Yellow - does this sound right?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Hi. I am new to the site. I have been lurking around for a while and I would like to get your opinion on a ring .
I have been looking for a fancy yellow diamond and I am getting ready to make the purchase. Here are the details of the ring I am considering. The price is $12650.
quoting from the HRD cert:

Cushion
1.37 ct
SI1
Medium flourescence
Fancy Intense Yllow, Ntural colour
measurements: 6.82 x 5.92 x 3.77 mm
girdle: thick 5.5% faceted
culet: pointed
table width: 62%
cr height: 13%
pav depth: 45%
finish grade: good

ring is platinum setting with two shields (H, VS1) .61 tw on the sides

I took the ring to a very reputable jewelwer and to him it looks more like Si2.
Is this something I should be concerned about? What do you think of the price of the ring? Is there a huge difference in price between Fancy Yellow and Intense Yellow?

I would love to hear from you more experienced diamond lovers.

THanks, Lori

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sounds nice.

There is some degree of difference between diamonds within the same color grade.
So a pale vivid can be very close to a top fancy intense etc etc \

In pink diamond colors - where I have more experiance between the GIA and HRD - HRD is very well respected - so no worries there.
What color is the fluoro - if it is yellow or orange it is a plus - if it is blue I would want to see if the stone is paler in cloudy or shaded daylight.

We can not help you with the cut - that needs to be seen - use an appraiser - or look at as many stones as possible etc.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/21/2006 6:45:04 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
Sounds nice.

There is some degree of difference between diamonds within the same color grade.
So a pale vivid can be very close to a top fancy intense etc etc

In pink diamond colors - where I have more experiance between the GIA and HRD - HRD is very well respected - so no worries there.
What color is the fluoro - if it is yellow or orange it is a plus - if it is blue I would want to see if the stone is paler in cloudy or shaded daylight.

We can not help you with the cut - that needs to be seen - use an appraiser - or look at as many stones as possible etc.
HI:

I am curious--would blue flouresence in this color of stone increase the (color) propensity toward say, brown?

cheers--Sharon

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
17.gif

Hope the picture comes out OK.
Not sure what the fluoro is (blue or yellow)- the HRD cert only says Medium. I will take the ring to an appraiser. If the appraisal matches the specs, would you say this is a good price?
33.gif

123ring.JPG

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/21/2006 9:45:41 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

I am curious--would blue flouresence in this color of stone increase the (color) propensity toward say, brown?

cheers--Sharon
Blue would make the yellow appear paler in daylight. Not good!!!

You can try to find any of the inexpensive key ring or pen fluoro''s lights and zap the stone.
You will know if the frequency is right because about 1/4 to 1/3rd of all diamonds you shine it on will fluoresce blue.
It is a simple test - but try not to think you are now an expert.

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Gary for being so helpful.
It is rainy and cool here in California today so I took the ring outside and it definately looks Intense Yellow. Better than it does when I took it to the Jewelery store to compare with other yellows.

I think for a piece of mind, I will take it to the appraiser tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results