shape
carat
color
clarity

Fancy Intense Yellow Diamond E-Ring - DBL Review! (Pictures)

wizardman123

Rough_Rock
I just received my wonderful ring from DBL! I have been searching for the perfect engagement ring for my love. She loves yellow diamonds and I am so happy to have found her the perfect ring. I am a few months away from my proposal time and the wait is killing me! I just want to show her this beauty!!!

Here is an in depth review of my experience. If you do not want to read the full post, scroll down for pictures and a summary!

David Friedlander (PS User: RockDiamond) was absolutely wonderful throughout the entire ring process. Throughout my experience of searching for the perfect diamond, I had done a lot of research on pricescope to fully understand how to select the best stone. This meant that I had a lot of questions and a lot of specific requirements.

I had started looking for a square radiant fancy intense yellow stone. I had contacted David and he soon made a purchase for his inventory that matched the radiant specifications perfectly. I visited his shop on 47th Street (first trip to New York from Canada!!!) and had a great time meeting his wife and kids. David opened up the office on the weekend for me despite his busy schedule. He showed me my first loose stone up close and personal and had also brought in similar diamonds matching my specifications from other local vendors. We spent some time reviewing them with a loupe and microscope. It was an overall great experience. I was very picky and noticed that the saturation of color wasn't continuous from edge to edge. It seemed lighter around the edges which I did not like. I felt that if I was paying for the premium of a Intense graded stone, I would want the color to shine through the entire surface of the stone. I had some hesitance and did not pull the trigger.

David and I exchanged over a hundred emails. He is very fast at responding! When I changed the specifications on him, he let me know that I would have to wait for additional stones to come up in his inventory as none of his current stones met the specific requirements. To give you an idea, I was looking at

- Fancy Intense Yellow
- Cushion Cut
- 0.8-1.1 carat
- LxW Ratio under 1.04
- None to Faint Fluorescence
- GIA Graded
- SI1 and Above

Despite my long list of requirements, I did some searching online and found some drop shippers of fancy colored stones who had hundreds listed. I happened to find a stone that was a perfect square but it had medium blue fluorescence. I had read a lot about fluorescence and had decided to stick with None to Faint to avoid any potential issues with color changes in UV lighting.

I was very much interested in doing business with David over any other vendor and had him source the diamond for me and call the cutter in California. He was able to build a great relationship and have the stone sent to him in NY for review. The stone was at a great price and he assured me of any and all concerns that I had - including the medium blue fluorescence not having any negative impact on the color/cloudiness/haziness/etc. I am sure I gave him a head ache or two with all the questions I was asking!

I gave him the go ahead and made the purchase of the stone. It was over my budget and I wanted to wait for a while before building the setting. David held onto the stone for me for a month or two before I was ready to put it into the ring.

We discussed the different options and David was very accommodating to work with my available funds. This was a custom ring and not similar to any of his semi mounts online. I provided him with a CAD of a similar ring and his bench workers simply knocked it out of the park. The ring is amazing. David, thank you very much for such a positive experience. I cannot recommend you enough and will continue to do so as much as possible. I will be back for the wedding bands soon!

The proposal will not be happening for another few months. That means, no hand shots at this time :)

Sorry for the lengthy post. For those who didn't want to read, here is a summary:

Summary:
David is great! Diamonds by Lauren is exceptional. I am extremely satisfied with the full experience and cannot say enough about his level of professionalism and care. Thank you so very much!

Ring Specifications:
18 Karat White and Yellow Gold Diamond Ring

Center Stone:
Size: 1.01 ct
Cut: Cushion Cut
Colour: Fancy Intense Yellow
Clarity: VS2
Measurements: 5.52 x 5.52 x 3.66 mm
Total Depth: 66.3%
Table Size: 67%
Polish: EX
Symmetry: VG
Fluorescence: Medium Blue
GIA Report #: 5161472251
Link to Gia Report: http://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite?pag...&c=Page&cid=1355954554547&reportno=5161472251

Side Stones:
Total Weight: 0.45cts
Quantity: 56 (a happy surprise - dads year of birth :) )
Shape: Round Brilliant
Color: E-F
Clarity: VS

Mounting: 18 Karat White and Yellow Gold
Ring Size: 4.75

There is no yellow gold cup as the intense yellow nature of the stone shines bright!
Cathedral Mount Single Halo White Gold Ring

Hope you guys enjoy the pictures!!!

inspiration1_0.jpg
Inspiration Ring Picture #1
inspiration2_0.jpg
Inspiration Ring Picture #2
inspiration3.jpg
Inspiration Ring Picture #3

The Ring:
r6309-intense-yellow-diamond-ring-c.jpg
r6309-intense-yellow-diamond-ring-b.jpg
r6309-intense-yellow-diamond-ring-a.jpg
r6309-intense-yellow-diamond-ring.jpg

My first picture of the ring in bright sunlight (reflection of my lime green phone case in the diamond):
img_20150418_114328.jpg

Enjoy everyone!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Fancy Intense Yellow Diamond E-Ring - DBL Review! (Pictu

Beautiful! You should get a uv/black light and see what it looks like with the fluor!

wizardman123

Rough_Rock

telephone89|1431118128|3874171 said:
Beautiful! You should get a uv/black light and see what it looks like with the fluor!

Thanks Telephone89!

I bought a UV flashlight a little while ago and played around with it! I will take a few pictures and post asap!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It is beautiful! :love: lucky lucky girl! :appl:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think your lady will love it! :)

Excellent workmanship is evident in the macro pics - I have no idea how they get such neat settings at such a small scale! :shock:

Make sure it's insured and put away somewhere safe!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Stunning ring, I love the bright pop of colour, well done!!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh it's beautiful!!! :love: love the intense yellow paired with the white melee, it's dreamy!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh MY!!!!! Just WOW! Great ring, congratulations and best to you!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love the diamonds at Diamonds by Lauren! your ring is stupendous! the ring is stunning. I love the rings in show me the bling forum! your taste is wonderful.. and much happiness and congratulations!!!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Your ring is really gorgeous! I love the color contrast between the melee and center stone.

wizardman123

Rough_Rock

Mayk|1431122411|3874213 said:
It is beautiful! :love: lucky lucky girl! :appl:

Thank you Mayk!

OoohShiny|1431123382|3874232 said:
I think your lady will love it! :)

Excellent workmanship is evident in the macro pics - I have no idea how they get such neat settings at such a small scale! :shock:

Make sure it's insured and put away somewhere safe!

Hehe! It is insured already and hidden in a safety deposit box for the few months prior to the big question. I had a custom wooden box made for it as well so it is beautiful!

The setting, I believe, is half cast and half hand forged. Maybe Rock Diamond can comment on this to clarify. I believe the halo and center stone mounting is all hand done while the ring and pave work on the band may be cast. The workmanship is wonderful.

arkieb1|1431129178|3874274 said:
Stunning ring, I love the bright pop of colour, well done!!!!

Thanks arkieb! I love the Intense colour of the yellow as well! Once I showed my lady the intense vs the fancy, she fell in love also!

junebug17|1431129921|3874288 said:
Oh it's beautiful!!! :love: love the intense yellow paired with the white melee, it's dreamy!

Thanks junebug! I love the contrast as well! Makes that yellow shine bright!

azstonie|1431130178|3874293 said:
Oh MY!!!!! Just WOW! Great ring, congratulations and best to you!

Thank you azstonie!

Tekate|1431130477|3874296 said:
I love the diamonds at Diamonds by Lauren! your ring is stupendous! the ring is stunning. I love the rings in show me the bling forum! your taste is wonderful.. and much happiness and congratulations!!!

Thanks so much for your kind words Tekate! So glad you like it!

kathley|1431173093|3874440 said:
Your ring is really gorgeous! I love the color contrast between the melee and center stone.

Thank you kathley!

makeable

Shiny_Rock

Love the yellow. It's sunshine in a stone. Great choice!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's gorgeous! She is sure to love it. :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That is a gorgeous ring!!! :love:

I have to say, though, I never understand posts that say I want to propose to the perfect girl, I have a fabulous ring, but I am waiting a few months. Why not propose sooner rather than having the ring just sit locked up somewhere? Let her wear the ring!!!

wizardman123

Rough_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1431366019|3875157 said:
That is a gorgeous ring!!! :love:

I have to say, though, I never understand posts that say I want to propose to the perfect girl, I have a fabulous ring, but I am waiting a few months. Why not propose sooner rather than having the ring just sit locked up somewhere? Let her wear the ring!!!

Hello Diamondseeker2006!

Regarding your comments, there are a few things that we are waiting to happen before we are ready to move to that next step! It involves parents, jobs, etc. So when those things are in place, we are ready to go. That is why the anticipation is killing me because the first thing I want to do is show her and be like LOOOOK!!! But, it remains in its place for a little while longer. :angel:

Plus, I cant resist a beautiful outdoor fall proposal with the leaves changing colours :D

theren

Rough_Rock

That's beautiful!! My ring is also from DBL and I cannot say enough good things about them!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock

Gorgeous! What a beautiful ring! :love:
Well done, Wizardman. :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Very pretty ring. I love the color of the yellow diamond.

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock

This is very beautiful, love the yellow diamond.
Congrats!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You created the perfect ring for a fall proposal - yellow diamond twinkling against a backdrop of warm yellows and honeys floating off the trees...

And yet my gut is with DS on this one - oh, if only she knew!! (Clear your browser cache :naughty: ) I hope things all fall into place sooner than later so you can both move onto this exciting new adventure with that GORGEOUS ring!! :love:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie|1431605713|3876596 said:
You created the perfect ring for a fall proposal - yellow diamond twinkling against a backdrop of warm yellows and honeys floating off the trees...

And yet my gut is with DS on this one - oh, if only she knew!! (Clear your browser cache :naughty: ) I hope things all fall into place sooner than later so you can both move onto this exciting new adventure with that GORGEOUS ring!! :love:

+1

What a surprise it would be to propose when she's least expecting it!

Either way its stunning and shell be blow away, either in may or on September. ;-)

wizardman123

Rough_Rock

Niel|1431607232|3876613 said:
Yssie|1431605713|3876596 said:

+1

What a surprise it would be to propose when she's least expecting it!

Either way its stunning and shell be blow away, either in may or on September. ;-)

Haha! Thanks for everyone's kind words. She has no idea and it will be the biggest surprise for her! I cannot wait to see the look on her face!

I have set up the proposal already with a farm who normally does weddings. I am organizing the string lights, lanterns, mason jar candles hanging from trees, etc, etc. It should be spectacular! I can't wait!!!

:love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results