shape
carat
color
clarity

Fancy Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone purchased diamonds from Fancy Diamonds www.fancydiamonds.net ? They have some interesting colored stones. In particular, I have been looking at the chameleons. I think having one of those would be so cool!

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
As always, check into the details of the color change before you buy - e.g., colors/extent of change/conditions necessary for change, etc....kinda like buying an alex.

I know RockDoc has one which is pretty cool - perhaps he will put in appearance here with some comments.
emotion-5.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I emailed them about this stone. They said the color change is to orange. That would be cool. I like the normal green color too. "Natural fancy intense greenish yellow Chameleon". Most of them seem to have some gray.

840_di_image_5d767.jpg

twodoor2

Shiny_Rock
I don''t know much about the store "Fancy Diamonds." However, if you''re looking for fancy colored diamonds, I have heard that icestore.com is reputable.

twodoor2

Shiny_Rock
They also carry chameleons, just noticed it when looking at the "Green Diamond" page.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2007 11:03:09 PM
Author: twodoor2
I don''t know much about the store ''Fancy Diamonds.'' However, if you''re looking for fancy colored diamonds, I have heard that icestore.com is reputable.
I just checked the Ice Store web site, and green diamonds begin at $20K. A bit out of my budget for a cute novelty.
6.gif

I did have Fancy Diamonds send me the 0.50 ct SI2 chameleon above. It has a couple of surface inclusions, but they are very difficult to see. Better, it makes it more affordable.
1.gif
I plan to have my jeweler take a look tomorrow to see if he has any concerns about setting it. It is a bright, very green and sparkly stone under the florescent lights here in my office. I put it into a box at night, and it looks paler and yellow-orange-green in the morning. Very cool!

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
I''ve probably personally seen 5-6 chameleons this year.

GIA reports a lot of stones as chameleons, that are more like "schlamelions"... Most that I''ve seen either have a weak color change, or very heavilly gray or brown modified colors, not very saturate.

Sir John Quixote,Rich Sherwood, Marty Haske, and Garry Dutton have all gotten to see mine in person as has Star Struck. Anyone who has had the thrill of seeing it in person is always amazed at the intensity of Camille''s change of color.

I haven''t yet seen one with an intense a change as mine has. (Yes, I''ve named her - Camille ( not too original, but fits).

True intense change chameleons are rather rare. For the level of rarity, the prices are surprising low, as compared with other fancy color diamonds that are equally as rare.

In your stone, is the green or the orangish yellow the unstable color?

Rockdoc

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2007 11:27:38 PM
Author: RockDoc
I''ve probably personally seen 5-6 chameleons this year.

GIA reports a lot of stones as chameleons, that are more like ''schlamelions''... Most that I''ve seen either have a weak color change, or very heavilly gray or brown modified colors, not very saturate.

Sir John Quixote,Rich Sherwood, Marty Haske, and Garry Dutton have all gotten to see mine in person as has Star Struck. Anyone who has had the thrill of seeing it in person is always amazed at the intensity of Camille''s change of color.

I haven''t yet seen one with an intense a change as mine has. (Yes, I''ve named her - Camille ( not too original, but fits).

True intense change chameleons are rather rare. For the level of rarity, the prices are surprising low, as compared with other fancy color diamonds that are equally as rare.

In your stone, is the green or the orangish yellow the unstable color?

Rockdoc

Rockdoc - The orangish yellow is the unstable color. Yeah, the color change isn''t as stong as I think it could be, but it is definitely there. I do like the fact that this stone isn''t brown or grey. I like its green color. The jeweler I showed it to today thinks there is some strong green flourescence going on as well. It does look extremely green in the sun.

When you are checking chameleons how do you determine the color change? Do you let them sit in the dark for a while, or do you heat them? I haven''t tried heating mine since I''m a bit worried about damaging it.

This diamond wasn''t cheap compared to a nice H VS of the same size, but it was certainly low compared to blue or pink stones.

Have you posted pictures of Camille? I''d love to see them.
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results