shape
carat
color
clarity

Fancy Deep Yellow RB with Strong Green Fluorescence

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2008 6:02:08 PM
Author: joflier
I really like the halo setting with it. Makes the color really pop!

Since the stone is only approx. 6mm it Needed a halo!!!
9.gif
For me at least it did and I too love how it makes the yellow RB stand out!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2008 9:41:24 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Date: 11/17/2008 6:02:08 PM

Author: joflier

I really like the halo setting with it. Makes the color really pop!

I had to interject here, but I don''t know how how that color would not pop!! You could probably put it in a lead case, and the color would pop!

TL-LOL!!! It is kind of a strange color, but I love it-not everyone''s cup of tea---but that''s what makes the world go round
21.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE that setting and I LOVE that stone
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
. It is just gorgeous.

PLEASE, post a lot of handshots when the stone is set ok??????

Linda

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Linda W-Thanks so much, I too love my quirky RB! I''m so glad I found a setting that would work for it, I was planning a custom project for this stone-but now I can spend the $$$ saved on other sparkly projects(since I seem to have a never ending list of them!!!)
9.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder if they make irradiated stones that look like that, probably not because how could you recreate the green flourescence unless it's already there to begin with. I would love to get such a stone, but I saw a half carat like yours for $7200, and that's too much for me to spend on a half carat diamond. I am typically not a fan of yellow diamonds or yellow stones, but I love yours since it has so much green in it and the color is so intense, and it changes colors. I was thinking an irradiated version would be much much more affordable, and even though I'm a stickler for natural color in stones, I would be willling to make the exception here.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
The stone and the setting look like they were made for each other. That is a cool stone.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/19/2008 8:54:00 AM
I wonder if they make irradiated stones that look like that, probably not because how could you recreate the green flourescence unless it''s already there to begin with. I would love to get such a stone, but I saw a half carat like yours for $7200, and that''s too much for me to spend on a half carat diamond. I am typically not a fan of yellow diamonds or yellow stones, but I love yours since it has so much green in it and the color is so intense, and it changes colors. I was thinking an irradiated version would be much much more affordable, and even though I''m a stickler for natural color in stones, I would be willling to make the exception here.
Yes they do! I''ve got several irradiated diamonds and some fluoresce, some don''t. I''ve got an amazing green irradiated that fluoresces its little head off!!! I think if the diamond fluoresces naturally anyway, it''ll continue to do so after the irradiation process. Well I would think that''s right but am prepared to be completely wrong
28.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you post a pic of it? Pretty please? I would like to see it so I know what to look for. I''m looking at green irradiated diamonds and they all look flat green to me.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/19/2008 8:54:00 AM
I wonder if they make irradiated stones that look like that, probably not because how could you recreate the green flourescence unless it's already there to begin with. I would love to get such a stone, but I saw a half carat like yours for $7200, and that's too much for me to spend on a half carat diamond. I am typically not a fan of yellow diamonds or yellow stones, but I love yours since it has so much green in it and the color is so intense, and it changes colors. I was thinking an irradiated version would be much much more affordable, and even though I'm a stickler for natural color in stones, I would be willling to make the exception here.

TL-they probably can come close with irradiated stones, the colors tend to be very distinct and different than natural colors for the most part.

The price of natural fancy colored diamonds is sooooo high right now!!!

The color, cut, fluor combo of my RB is rare-that is one reason I even hesitated in setting this stone at all, still makes me think it needs a custom setting!!!

I too love how it changes colors :)

You'll have to post if you find a similar stone that's irradiated-they tend to be a very reasonable option!

LD-what colors do your irradiated stones fluor??

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whoa, CCN - that is GORGEOUS!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results