shape
carat
color
clarity

Fancy Cut Pendants

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
i am a fan of fancy cut (non mrb) solitaire pendants.

yes, the vrai website is really nicely designed to help the consumer envision what the different cuts and shapes will look like on the neckline in different carat weights.

so glad you found the link helpful

Pearl19

Shiny_Rock
I've never seen a trillion cut diamond in person, it was helpful to see the nice large pictures on Vrai's site. Seeing all those different cuts has got me thinking about moving away from a round pendant.

From reading around the forum it seems to be difficult to find a nicely cut trillion diamond which sparkles - getting a 'flat' looking stone would be my concern. A very expensive return process (I'm in the UK) makes it hard to take the plunge, so I'm wondering if you have experience of trillion diamonds and if you'd recommend them?

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
which is why, i linked it for you, in the first place, in another thread (which i can't seem to find)

i found the way vrai designed the section for solitaire pendants, immensely helpful, i sent the link to a friend weeks before linking it for you here on the forum. its fantastic to determine shape and carat weight on the neckline, as ive already mentioned

to me, trillion cut diamonds are usually used as accent and side stones. i'd choose any other fancy shape before choosing a trillion as a solitaire pendant.

Pearl19

Shiny_Rock
I'm not aware of which link you're referring to or where it might be - I've looked at the only other thread I've posted but didn't see anything.

Thank you for the opinion on the trillions - is there a specific reason why you wouldn't choose one for a pendant, or is it just down to personal taste? A triangle is certainly a niche shape and not for everybody.

I've seen videos of incredibly vibrant and scintilating trillions, and others which looked glassy.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
that'd be the VRAI link you have above. as mentioned, i tried to find it but looks like entire thread was deleted.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
im so SORRY!

i completely had you mixed up with another forum member. i had linked it for her and not you. i, finally, found the thread.

again, im very sorry

Pearl19

Shiny_Rock
No worries at all! I do that kind of thing quite often, in my case getting older is always the best excuse :)

I wish I could be more decisive on cuts. The problem is, I like most of them. I'll go through a short phase of liking ovals, then it's pears, then something else. Now it's trillions. Then the cycle starts up again. It's one of the reasons I can't pull the trigger and just order a pendant.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
No worries at all! I do that kind of thing quite often, in my case getting older is always the best excuse :)

I wish I could be more decisive on cuts. The problem is, I like most of them. I'll go through a short phase of liking ovals, then it's pears, then something else. Now it's trillions. Then the cycle starts up again. It's one of the reasons I can't pull the trigger and just order a pendant.

ive definitely been there. you know what helps with that??! patience.

just keep looking and seeing, looking and seeing some more ..i feel it helps train the eyes to see past the pretty sparkles and understand what you truly truly favour.

are you able to see diamonds at a showroom near you?? that helps alot ...

are you only considering mmd or are you open to earth mined??

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Poor trillions tend to be used as side stones but I think they'd look lovely as a solitaire pendant. I think someone mentioned that Diamond Foundry's machines are older so the stones tend to have a brown tint but I can't imagine that to be the case for all their stones. It also depends if you like the brown tint or not. @Lessics got a gorgeous stone from Distinctive Gems that is so gloriously brown/pink that I want one specifically like it. Swoon... And yes, it would look beautiful in rose gold.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results