shape
carat
color
clarity

Fancy coloured wedding band?

Cimbom

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I just had an idea but not sure how viable it is so thought I'd ask for some advice. My e-ring is in this setting but custom made for a 0.80ct oval diamond:
http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/prodshots/104PP18.jpg

Excluding the centre stone, the ring has 0.30tcw of diamonds so I'm guessing they'd be around 0.01ct each or possibly smaller. I would like to have a wedding band made that matches the e-ring (same width of band etc). What would be the chances of me finding enough fancy coloured diamonds that are all of a very similar colour/shade in such a small size? I would like to have the diamonds go around 60-70% of the ring and I am about a ring size 3.5 or so. As my wedding band obviously want have the halo or the basket, it'd probably be closer to 0.20tcw?

I haven't decided on a colour yet but I like pink, purple, blue and yellow. Also, do you think this idea would look odd with my e-ring?

SB621

Ideal_Rock
You should also post this question in the CS forum.

I have seen many people on PS get colored stones/ diamond wedding bands. Most recently someone posted a lovely pink diamond wedding band. I think you would have to contact the vendors to find out what size and color they can source. Do you have a budget for this band? I would look at ID Jewerly- I think they have the most opitions. Since this is a wedding band and you will be wearing it daily you need to be careful with what stone you pick. I think it should at least be an 8 on the MOH scale so you won't chip them. Other vendors I would be interested in would be BGD, WF and Diamond By Lauren (specializes in colored diamonds).

Goodluck!

Cimbom

Rough_Rock
I've found these but it says they're "internally certified" - seems a bit untrustworthy to me?

http://www.fancydiamonds.net/view_diamonds/4461.htm

Also, it's probably more stones than I want (would need around 30-35 at the most) but I doubt they'd separate them since it'd be very hard to sell the leftovers.

Cimbom

Rough_Rock
Diamonds by Lauren is great too but it seems like they mainly sell centre stone and smaller side stones but no "sets" in the size range I'm looking for. May need to email them.

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
I would call David at DBL to see what he can do for you. I'm sure it's an easy for him to obtain colored diamond melee.

Although I must say, the pink melee from Fancy Diamonds look quite nice. For stones that size, the cost isn't worth it to send it in for grading. If you wanted the melee graded, it would probably cost you at least double what it costs now. I believe Fancy Diamonds is a trusted dealer (I've never dealt with them) but perhaps Kenny, who just bought two fancies from them can add to this.

Sniven

Rough_Rock
I would definitely email or call David at DBL. Let him know if you have a budget in mind, it will probably help him determine your options.

iota15|1290051848|2770970 said:
perhaps Kenny, who just bought two fancies from them can add to this.

I wouldn't hold your breath :nono:

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
Sniven| [quote="iota15|1290051848|2770970 said:

I wouldn't hold your breath :nono:[/quote]

Why?

Sniven

Rough_Rock
iota15|1290062528|2771079 said:
Sniven| [quote="iota15|1290051848|2770970 said:

I wouldn't hold your breath :nono:

Why?[/quote]

I haven't seen him around in a while...I think he is taking a break from PS ;))

Cimbom: color is a personal taste and personally if I were going to have a fancy colored band I would go with pink or maybe purple. Blues would be cool and look amazing in white gold (assuming yours is white) but I think it would be pretty tough to find 10+ matching in color, cut and clarity and could take a vendor some time. I might be wrong though.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
HI all,
Thanks for the mentions guys!

Given that this is a fairly common question I hope it's ok to clear up a few aspects of this:
* Natural Yellow, and pinks are possible to find.
* Natural blue is extremely difficult ( and heinously expensive) to source. In addition, the color of such stones is rather faint. Add this to the fact there's no "blue gold, and natural blue melee becomes rather impractical.
Remember, pink and yellow stones can be naturally enhanced by setting them in pink or yellow gold.

Natural Purple is another tough one to find.

For blue and purple, irradiated is pretty much the only viable choice, if one wants to include treated stones in their shopping.

hope this helps!

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
I love the idea of a colored wedding band with your setting. I was wondering if you posted pics of your engagement ring? I had my eye on that setting and would love to see how it looks IRL.

I may not be allowed to say this, but HSN has a really cute thin micropave ring in yellow or pink, you could try out the look first (for about $40).

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Cimbom|1290047183|2770850 said:
I've found these but it says they're "internally certified" - seems a bit untrustworthy to me?

Also, it's probably more stones than I want (would need around 30-35 at the most) but I doubt they'd separate them since it'd be very hard to sell the leftovers.

Leibish is a very reputable company and respected worldwide. Not to mention they have great customer service. I would recommend them in a heart beat.

DBL is also a great source for colored diamonds. He's very nice in communications too. I haven't purchased from him yet, but, recommend him also.

A point to touch on what RD said. There are created diamonds too. They are true diamonds, just not mined from the earth. I don't know about getting melee from created stones, but if your search comes to naught, it's another avenue to search.

Good luck!

brellymom

Shiny_Rock
I Will echo what others have said.David (DBL) made a beautiful pink diamond eternity ban d for me and I separately made 2 purchases from fancydiamonds.net (Leibish). In both cases my experience was top notch- in terms of service, quality, value, and beauty.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cimbom|1290047183|2770850 said:

Untrustworthy?
IMHO that is unfair and harsh.
I just checked lab grading prices on GIA's website:

http://www.gia.edu/lab-reports-services/fees_payment/lab_fees/USD_feeschedule_Diamond_081210.pdf

The cheapest report for the smallest colored diamond is $98.
Your link is for 50 pink diamonds with a total weight of 0.31 ct so each is under one point.
50 GIA reports would add $4,900 to the cost of these diamonds.
I doubt any seller sends such diamonds for lab reports.
So every diamond seller is untrustworthy?

The parcel in your link is now sold so we can't see what the price was but, based on a quick Internet search, the reports would cost much more than the diamonds.
This is why nobody sends melee for lab reports.

As iota15 said I've bought, now six, fancy colored diamonds from Leibish aka www.fancydiamonds.net , and even returned some so I have found them to be very trustworthy.
Link to my FCDs:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/update-my-tiny-fancy-colored-diamond-collection.153063/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/update-my-tiny-fancy-colored-diamond-collection.153063/[/URL]

Picture 2.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results