shape
carat
color
clarity

Fancy colored lab diamonds

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Fancy colored lab diamonds seem priced quite a bit higher than their clear/white lab diamond counterparts.

Do they cost more to create? Do some colors cost more to create than others? Is the price of them likely headed downward?

Some of them are so gorgeous but I’d hate to find myself in the position of some of those who spent a lot on clear lab diamonds a couple of years ago.

Last edited:

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
I would not put off buying a colored LGD if it were for an engagement. But yes, you might consider waiting a bit for a major purchase that is less time sensitive.

A smaller purchase might matter less, when almost all the cost is for a setting.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So looking forward to the answers to your question. I'm kind of in the same boat. I wanted a blue sapphire ring but a blue lab diamond appeals to me because I would wear it more due to the durability. I also like a lighter shade of blue than what is considered ideal in blue sapphires.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi all!
My perspective is that this is a very “young marketplace “
Colorless diamonds are exponentially more popular than FCDs.
The result is that while colorless LGDs have “matured” ….. aka come down in price…..FCDs have not. And there’s a lot of uncertainty in the results of many of the lab FCDs. So if a grower gets a pink with good pure pink color, why sell it cheap ( thats apparently what they’re thinking)
I don’t expect a lot of quick changes in this area

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I fancy a pink heart cut LGD around 1ct range to be Gypsy set in Platinum to add to my RHR collection.

Hopefully it won't break the bank initially, and won't hurt too much if the prices drop in future.

DK :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results