shape
carat
color
clarity

Fancy brown diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Anything you will enjoy is worth setting!
1.gif
I would DEFINITELY have it set. The pictures in this thread or GORGEOUS! I agree that different browns look good in different metals, so choose whichever one you think would go best and enjoy it. I also like the idea of alternating white and cognac diamonds for the halo. This could be a very fun prioject!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have two half carat lemon yellow diamonds too, I wonder if that would make a good three stone look. I''m not into the three stone look though since I do love halos. I even love that one solitaire above with the brownish pink diamond radiant in rose gold.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamonds by Lauren have these on their website in that colour combo:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
and this one:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/12/2008 10:39:56 AM
Author: LovingDiamonds
and this one:
Call me crazy, but I don''t know if I like the look of yellow diamonds with a brown diamond. I think the yellow takes too much away from the brown. Am I nuts? Be truthful.

brownyellowone.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's my brown with my two 20 pointer pinks, although one pink is a bit darker than the other. Too much of a color clash, but you have to wonder how it would look in rose gold. There's more yellow to the brown diamond, that's the problem.

My brown is a lot more lively than the picture gives it justice for. The camera keeps casting a shadow on it.

brownpinkone.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s a pic of my .80 ct salmony diamond with the two pinks just for comparison, now I think these would look good in rose gold. Again, the diamonds are a lot more lively, but the camera keeps casting a shadow.

salmonpink.jpg

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Regarding brown+yellow; they (yellows) could indeed take away a lot from the brown if they're very well cut or have a high dispersion. Lighter colors, of course, have stronger brilliance (lighter tone absorbs less light i.e. reflects back more) and cut also plays a role. One should pay atention when choosing brilliant cut side stones cause they're the brightest/flashiest cut available, and if the center is not a very nice stone they can "overtake the stage".

Another thing - if you're not a huge fan of your stone's color don't do anything simple; have fun with accents and figure out something elaborate.

Champagne+pinks+rose gold might work, but I'd suggest taking the stones to some jeweler and placing them in some unfinished setting just to see if you like the look. If the stone is yellowish maybe that yelow is worth accentuating with yellow gold and having the yellow sides in bezels (to calm them down a bit). You can also make a three stone pendant if you're not into three stone rings, of course.

And last but not least, whatever you do HAVE FUN
9.gif

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I have this ring by Alex Sepkus. Thought it might help. It is natural colored diamonds in rose gold.

asswrose.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''d set that in 22k gold! rich and velvety.

movie zombie

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So what's the verdict.

Brown with two light yellow .50 pointer sides (probably the best color combination, but the yellow diamonds are very bright, and lively)

Brown with two pink .20 pointer sides (kind of a color clash to me, but I'm not good at envisioning the final outcome).

Should I reserve the pinks for the .8 carat salmon diamond and do the whole thing in rose gold three ring setting. Admittingly, I'm kind of fond of this pic so I blew it up to show the contrast.

salmonpinks2.JPG

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the idea of just working with the center stone. Make it a halo with either yellow gold or rose gold prongs around the diamond and the rest white melee in white gold. I had a ring some what like this. It had yellow gold prongs around a fancy light brownish yellow diamond. It was gorgeous! I miss it! I traded up for another ring that I love as well...but if I had the choice, I would have both of them.. Beautiful diamond collection BTW! Here is a pic of the ring.

DSCF1080.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more pic of the diamond on my fingers with some dim sunlight pouring through the window - I think this captures the true color the best.

truecolorbrown.jpg

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2008 11:40:49 AM
Author: movie zombie

movie zombie
movie zombie, I respectfully disagree - high karat gold needs some contrast to be shown in all it''s glory. When matched with bright/dark colored stones, gold''s color is showcased best, while lighter ones make it look more usual i.e. those tones wash out golds richness to a point. Plus, strong gold''s color would make that light diamond almost disappear.

Verdict - that''s all up to the owner
9.gif
It''s a matter of taste and finding the right balance of shapes and colors. What might work for me, might not for you. Get something that''s diferent from things you already have, something classic that you won''t get bored of very soon and something that will go well with your wardrobe, to make sure you''ll wear it. Don''t be so affraid of yellow sides, if you set the center slightly higher, and set yellows with an angle they might not scream
2.gif
If they still do, you can always silence them with a bezel or flush setting
9.gif
I personally wouldn''t go with pinks+rose, but that''s just my taste.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another washed out picture of the three stone look on my fingers. I must admit I now love taking pictures of these. Sorry!

I'm too terrified to put my salmon and pinks on my fingers to photograph.

threestonebrownfingers.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/12/2008 2:05:08 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
One more pic of the diamond on my fingers with some dim sunlight pouring through the window - I think this captures the true color the best.

It really looks like a nice stone. I see yellow gold prongs around it!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more picture of my entire "fancy" colored collection. I''m actually kind of laughing about this since they have all been sitting in a box for the last 10 to 15 years. I never considered any of them to be fancy, but after looking at all the colored diamond websites, I guess they are???

fancycollection.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2008 2:27:17 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
One more picture of my entire ''fancy'' colored collection. I''m actually kind of laughing about this since they have all been sitting in a box for the last 10 to 15 years. I never considered any of them to be fancy, but after looking at all the colored diamond websites, I guess they are???

I''ll say they are. I would set those beauties too, so I could wear them. They all are gorgeous.

Linda

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
It''s absolutely beautiful! I think a white gold halo would really make it''s color stand out. Any ideas on the setting design?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2008 2:12:16 PM
Author: ma re

Date: 10/12/2008 11:40:49 AM
Author: movie zombie

movie zombie
movie zombie, I respectfully disagree - high karat gold needs some contrast to be shown in all it''s glory. When matched with bright/dark colored stones, gold''s color is showcased best, while lighter ones make it look more usual i.e. those tones wash out golds richness to a point. Plus, strong gold''s color would make that light diamond almost disappear.

Verdict - that''s all up to the owner
9.gif
It''s a matter of taste and finding the right balance of shapes and colors. What might work for me, might not for you. Get something that''s diferent from things you already have, something classic that you won''t get bored of very soon and something that will go well with your wardrobe, to make sure you''ll wear it. Don''t be so affraid of yellow sides, if you set the center slightly higher, and set yellows with an angle they might not scream
2.gif
If they still do, you can always silence them with a bezel or flush setting
9.gif
I personally wouldn''t go with pinks+rose, but that''s just my taste.
yes, i know its not what most would do. but its what i''d do. i''d be looking for rich, not striking...and that''s different for each person.

good luck with the project.

movie zombie

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Man I''d set all of those! You have a great collection!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2008 8:16:54 PM
Author: Kelli
Man I''d set all of those! You have a great collection!
I agree - I''d (if I were a she) set them all in one piece; two yellows, two pinks and three browns would make one heck of a necklace
2.gif

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Who knew that one brown colored stone would open up pandora''s box of fancy colored stones? What else are you hiding tourmaline_lover?!?

I don''t like the yellows with the brown stone, the contrast isn''t doing anything for me. I do love it with the pinks, didn''t think I would but I definitely do like the visual. You could do a halo around all three stones you know? It would be pretty ornate though.

three%20stone%20halo.jpg

I think I posted a pic of a yellowish brown combo in pink gold. It looks gorgeous and she has a halo too!

pinkhaloringnewshots061.jpg

One more pic of a three stone halo. Right now I think three stone (brown with pink accents) is the way to go. Oh and BTW, your salmon stone is TO DIE FOR!

3stonemicropave.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/13/2008 10:32:31 AM
Author: somehowcollide
Who knew that one brown colored stone would open up pandora''s box of fancy colored stones? What else are you hiding tourmaline_lover?!?

I don''t like the yellows with the brown stone, the contrast isn''t doing anything for me. I do love it with the pinks, didn''t think I would but I definitely do like the visual. You could do a halo around all three stones you know? It would be pretty ornate though.

three%20stone%20halo.jpg

I think I posted a pic of a yellowish brown combo in pink gold. It looks gorgeous and she has a halo too!

pinkhaloringnewshots061.jpg

One more pic of a three stone halo. Right now I think three stone (brown with pink accents) is the way to go. Oh and BTW, your salmon stone is TO DIE FOR!
That is very pretty, who knew that those colors would go so well together. I have absolutely no eye for putting colors together. I also have a 30 point ascher orange brown diamond. I bought these all so long ago, before colored diamonds became so popular. I think it''s time to do something with them now. I thought of a necklace, kind of like Tiffany''s bubble necklace, we''ll see. I am very fond of rings though (not a necklace person).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results