shape
carat
color
clarity

Famous pearls

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
La Peregrina. Same pearl on 16th century English Queen Mary I, and on Elizabeth Taylor who made a ruby and pearl necklace for it. The pearl was once supposedly chewed on by her dog (ET's dog), and rescued out of the animal's mouth.
23.gif

It was passed down through many Royal hands until it landed on Hollywood royalty.

LaPeregrina_pearl.JPG

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I love the story of her puppy chewing on the Peregrina pearl. Oh Elizabeth!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I definitely like it better on Queen Mary.
28.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How do you think pearls look on Queen Mary's half sister, Queen Elizabeth?

There are several pictures of Queen Elizabeth with several strands of beautiful pearls draping her neck and torso. I believe some of these were from a remarkable triple strand necklace stolen from her estranged and later beheaded cousin, Mary Stuart, Queen of Scotts. These were probably stolen by Scottish courtiers loyal to Elizabeth. No one loved pearls more than Queen Elizabeth. She wore them embroidered in her dresses, in her hair, crowns, just about everywhere!! This picture is exemplary of that.

queen-elizabeth-1-of-england-and-ireland.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Hi, Tourmaline lover!
Congratulations for the thread! I hope I''ll be as successful as the Royal jewels one
1.gif

About La Peregrina I'' ve heard that the Spanish royal family, that once owned it, still has a copy of it. Dose anyone know if that is true?

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Here are The Queen Anne and Caroline pearl necklaces. A weddinf present to Princess Elizabeth from fer parents TM The King and The Queen in 1947. The two single strands are always worn together and as far as I know are worth at around 4 million pounds/euro. The Queen wears them at private occasions nowadays.

QAnneCharlottePearls.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/21/2009 11:37:46 AM
Author: prince.of.preslav
Hi, Tourmaline lover!
Congratulations for the thread! I hope I''ll be as successful as the Royal jewels one
1.gif

About La Peregrina I'' ve heard that the Spanish royal family, that once owned it, still has a copy of it. Dose anyone know if that is true?
Thank you Prince.of.preslav. I don''t know if this thread could ever be as awesome as the Royal Jewels thread, but I hope we can get more pictures in here.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/21/2009 11:57:19 AM
Author: prince.of.preslav
Here are The Queen Anne and Caroline pearl necklaces. A weddinf present to Princess Elizabeth from fer parents TM The King and The Queen in 1947. The two single strands are always worn together and as far as I know are worth at around 4 million pounds/euro. The Queen wears them at private occasions nowadays.
Wow, those are so round for natural uncultured pearls.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Can anyone post a pic of the famous $1 Mil. Pearl necklace Pierre Cartier exchanged (+ $100) in 1917 for the Morton Plant Mansion (today''s Cartier''s flagship store) located on Fifth Ave. and 52nd. Street?

I wonder what is valued more today
11.gif

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
This is a painting of the last of the Mughal Emperors, Bahadur Shah Zafar. In his old age he was caught up in the "Indian Mutiny" and became the figurehead of that uprising by those who had rebelled against the British. He was tried and exiled to Burma where he died. Sorry I can''t find a better image of this beautiful painting, but you can seet this guy had a few impressive pearls, not to mention rubies and emeralds.

Last_Mughal-BR.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Anne Boleyn''s famous "B" necklace with the three drop pearls dangling from it. This piece has been reproduced for movies and documentaries about Anne Boleyn, and even worn on the show "Ugly Betty" by Betty.

boleynmainjpg2.jpg

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Great thread!
36.gif

The Hope pearl - one of the largest saltwater pearls in existence, first acquired by Henry Philip Hope in the 19th century (also owner of the Hope Diamond). The Hope is a white, drop-shaped blister pearl, measuring approximately 2 x 4 inches, and ranging in color from greenish-gold on one end to white on the other.

hope-pearl12453.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
here is multicolor Tahitian, Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi

pelosinecklace533.jpg

Jackie Kennedy (a former first lady), she looks so beautiful in her gorgeous pearls, very classy

3466601321_f11e4f0b2a.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our first lady Michelle Obama

michelle-obama-white-house-portrait.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pearls do look classy and elegant. Interesting bit of trivia there about the dog chewing on the pearl.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Grace Kelly

grace1.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Coco Chanel

Gabrielle_Coco_Chanel.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
another one of Gabrielle Bonheur Chanel, clothing designer

CocoChanel.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany''s

Audrey-Hepburn.jpg

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
How on earth did I miss this thread the first time around??

Skippy, thanks for posting these great additions!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

6a00d83454775669e201156fc9f9fd970c.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Laura Bush (former First lady), she looks very beautiful in her pearls

15_bush_lgl.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sophia Loren, love all the strands.

Sophia_Loren.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2009 11:37:45 AM
Author: jmtomaui
How on earth did I miss this thread the first time around??

Skippy, thanks for posting these great additions!
I know I almost missed it too; I was starting a thread last night and then noticed we already had one when I went searching for pearls. hehe sure, thanks!!
1.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

That picture of Sophia! Wow....

Were not the peals worn by Jackie Kennedy, immitation?

cheers--Sharon

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
These pics make me want a multistrand ASAP!
3.gif

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
The pictures of stars with their multi-strand pearls are making me drool! I''ve been looking for a beautiful multi-strand pearl necklace to wear for my wedding... still no luck :-/

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
What a wonderful thread!
36.gif

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 4:26:33 PM
Author: cleokizzy
The pictures of stars with their multi-strand pearls are making me drool! I''ve been looking for a beautiful multi-strand pearl necklace to wear for my wedding... still no luck :-/
Cleo, Skippy started a thread looking for you. She had a great suggestion as to a vendor to look like. I also found an inexpensive 3 strand on eBay from a seller that I trust and buy from. I put a picture of it in Skippy''s post and it may not be at all what you are looking for but I wanted to offer a suggestion on the off chance it would fit your needs.

Good luck finding what you are looking for.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
GREAT thread! I am now coveting Laura Bush''s baroque pearls like nobody''s business ....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results