shape
carat
color
clarity

Family dog is in his final days.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all so much. I''m not in the same part of the country as my parents, so I can''t see Jack in person, but my mom puts the phone up to his ears whenever I call so that I can tell him how much we love him.

Here''s another picture--actually a still from a video my sisters took this summer of one of them leading the dogs in a parade around the house. This is very much Jack--he has always retained so much energy and enthusiasm. He''s a really special boy.

JackMansfield.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
My heart is with you.....prayers for comfort for dear Jack.
12.gif

Lori

Bia

Ideal_Rock
So sorry LP
15.gif
((Hugs))

He''s beautiful...

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
ladypirate: I am so sorry to hear this. We got the same news as you, and on the same day. Suddenly withdrawn and listless over the last week, not eating, losing weight, found tumor in stomach, she''s 14 yrs old, too old to operate, just going to try to make her comfortable until a decion must be made. It''s so hard, she''s the sweetest little pomeranian ever.

I''ll be thinking about you.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So very sorry to read this.....Jack is such a special dog and I can tell how much you all love him.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Aww, LP, he looks like such a sweetheart with that adorable little fact of his. I am so sorry you have to go through this--it is so difficult. This may not give you much comfort, but eventually you will be able to smile and remember all the good, loving, fun times you had together without feeling such sadness and loss. Hopefully he is not in much (or any) pain. Lots of love going out to you and your pup, honey. Take care of yourself.
7.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2009 11:43:11 AM
Author: dianne
ladypirate: I am so sorry to hear this. We got the same news as you, and on the same day. Suddenly withdrawn and listless over the last week, not eating, losing weight, found tumor in stomach, she''s 14 yrs old, too old to operate, just going to try to make her comfortable until a decion must be made. It''s so hard, she''s the sweetest little pomeranian ever.

Dianne, I''m so sorry you''re going through this as well. I''ll be thinking of you and your sweet pup. *hugs*

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/30/2009 12:15:35 PM
Author: ladypirate

Date: 8/30/2009 11:43:11 AM
Author: dianne

Dianne, I''m so sorry you''re going through this as well. I''ll be thinking of you and your sweet pup. *hugs*
Thank you, ladypirate. I wanted to check in today to see how you and Jack are doing. Everytime I hold my little Tidbit I think of Jack. How is he today?

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
He''s holding in there--my parents got some medication from the vet to give him in case he starts having pain, but for now he''s just very low energy. My dad made him some steak the other night and he ate some of that, so that gave him some strength. How''s Tidbit doing?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so sorry...he looks so sweet like one of those dogs who likes to smile.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry to hear this. We just went through this, two weeks ago, with our girl Friday. It was so difficult, and I still am sad thinking about the loss. I know that she is in a better place and feeling better, but it still is so difficult and I really miss her.

Your pup is in my thoughts and prayers...and so are you.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LP -

I''m sorry to hear about Jack. It''s so hard losing such an important part of your family life and childhood.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LadyPirate, I''m so sorry. All of us who love our animals like family dread this day. You, your family and your dog are so fortunate to have all of those wonderful years together.

I''ll be thinking of you.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Spoke to my mom this evening and they put Jack down today.
7.gif
He took a turn for the worse and they didn''t want him to be in pain. He''s on another path now.

We are going to miss our sweet boy--ever since we got him as a 12 week old puppy he brought joy and laughter into our lives. When they took him in today the vet said it was so obvious that he had been well loved and cared for.

Thank you all for your kind words. They mean a lot.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw, LP, I''m so sorry to hear that! Even when you know it''s coming, it''s still so hard and painful. Jack had a wonderful life with a wonderful family!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/31/2009 11:27:34 PM
7.gif
He took a turn for the worse and they didn''t want him to be in pain. He''s on another path now.

We are going to miss our sweet boy--ever since we got him as a 12 week old puppy he brought joy and laughter into our lives. When they took him in today the vet said it was so obvious that he had been well loved and cared for.

I''m so sorry ladypriate...I truly feel your pain
7.gif

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, no LP...

I''m so sorry to hear that...

Jack, if you can hear us from up there, we hope you''re happy in the clouds with other animal friends. Your family will miss you and will always love you!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
*hugs*

LP I am SO sorry.
7.gif

Such an awful thing to have to go through. He was such a cutie. He was lucky to have you and your family throughout his life.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/31/2009 11:27:34 PM
7.gif

I am so sorry.....

tlh

Ideal_Rock
What a handsome and happy dog. Looks like he had a wonderful life with your family. I am very sorry that he has passed, and hope you can take comfort in all those wonderful happy memories.
He will never really be gone, as he can live forever in your hearts.
emrose.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
LP I''m so sorry for your loss. Jack was a beautiful boy, and I''m sure he brought you and your family much joy.

I will admit that I avoided this thread for a while because I do feel your pain whenever I read threads like this, but hopefully our collective mourning will ease some of the weight off of your heart.

I''m so sorry. May his memory be a blessing.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all again for your posts--I really appreciate everyone taking the time to think about our sweet boy. I''m really grateful that my sisters got some great videos of Jack over the summer. I''ve been watching them and it''s such a great way to remember him.

Thank you all again--PS is a wonderful place for support.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Oh honey, I am so sorry to hear that he''s gone.
7.gif

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry to check in today and see the sad news. My heart goes out to you. How brave of your family to be able to let go so he wouldn''t suffer. Take comfort in knowing that Jack knew he was a very loved sweet boy.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Oh I am so sorry that Jack is gone
8.gif
8.gif

He looked like the sweetest guy. I feel so sad about this. I am very sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results