shape
carat
color
clarity

Fall TV!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
I am SCREWED tonight....

my poor Tivo only tapes 2 shows at once, and the lineup for tonight is:

Dancing with the Stars Danceoff
The Office (the best show ever on TV)
So you think you can dance.

I told my husband that we have to watch one of the shows upstairs on our small tv so that the other 2 will be taped...now, which one to watch with commercials? What do I do if I have to pee and can''t hit pause? What if I want to watch the previous ten seconds again? What about slow motion?

Uggh....maybe I need another TIVO.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2005 1:30:34 PM
Author: Strawdermangrl

Ohh...and I am a huge dork.

Laguna Beach... I know I know.
11.gif

Super Sweet 16- I am like a moth to a flame. It blows my mind....really come on.
31.gif

these are my two secret addictions as well. on the weekends it''s all Laguna!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
oh- and

So you think you can dance!!

LOVE that! and for some reason BF handles it too.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha we LOVED Dancing with the Stars and for once it was a reality show Greg didn''t complain about (and then watch anyway)...because he said that you actually had to have some talent and he enjoyed that rather than the whole Survivor ''you backstabbed me'' drama!

GO KELLY!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do have to say that live has totally changed since I got TiVo and I would recommend it to everyone I know (and have already done so!) The biggest non-owner gripe I usually get is that it would just make them watch more tv. But my response to that is you can watch even MORE tv in HALF the time!!! My TV watching has become SO much more efficient cuz I don''t have to sit through any commercials! My half hour shows are watched in 20 minutes and the hour shows in 40 minutes. I can''t rave enough about it.

I didn''t have one for quite awhile...it was DirecTV''s promo that I went for...got my DVR for $50 and it only costs $4.95 a month for the TiVo service. My machine can record 2 channels at once. It''s awesome!!!

bar01

Brilliant_Rock

Getting my first TIVO tomorrow. Can't wait. They have a $150 off sale. I got the 40 hour unit for $49 plus year of service. Wireless connection to my home network too - and for multiroom viewing.

Programming any instances of:

Monk
SmallVille
Invasion (new series)
Threshold (new series)
The 4400
Charmed
Family Guy
The Daily Show
Simpson’s
Oprah (wife)
Various Disney Shows (daughter)
And more.....

I think the 40 hour unit is going to get overloaded soon and we will get a second larger unit.

Oh by the way - as I understand it the 40hour TivO rating is at the "crappy quality" setting. Go to normal or high quality settings and hours drop big time.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don''t buy a larger unit, just upgrade yours...

My friend does them, it takes him like 20 minutes. He buys a new hard drive (aka 160gb for $90) and then just puts it into the TiVo so it has TWO drives. Then you end up with something like 200 hours of time. It''s awesome and then you can keep favorite shows forever.

I had him do this to my first one and then when I bought the new one I sold that one on eBay for $400 and we only paid $400 for the unit AND the extra drive total so we actually broke even on it, and it was 2 years old!!! People LOVE the upgraded units.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Lost
Desperate Housewives
Boston Legal
24 (not until January?)

...and Prison Break on Monday night! The two brothers are the hottest new guys on TV! Plus, my husband likes it and then we don''t have to wrestle for the remote control! Although that can be significantly more fun that watching TV!
31.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
TIP TUCK BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tonight! Get the P-Corn out!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Thank you TAWN!!!! You are the only person to mention the "Best Show on TV"......

24!!!!
26.gif
I can''t wait until January for the most amazing TV Show...If you haven''t seen this show...Watch it...you will be addicted from minute one!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I also Love the Amazing Race, Law & Order, CSI (original), Charmed, Apprentice...I am looking forward to some of the new line up...

Yeah...can''t wait
35.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
How the hell did I forget 24? Of course that''s on the DVR as well!!!
20.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2005 2:53:36 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Well, we decided we are going to try and cut down on our t.v watching this season
39.gif
My husband and I totally cut back on tv (as in we got rid of ours), so I''ve gone at least three months or so w/out a single tv show! I only watched the occasional show - like tv once every two weeks, so it was no loss to me. . .but, now with football season approaching (or having started, I have no idea which
3.gif
), my husband panicked & had withdrawals, caving in to his desire for a new tv
20.gif
So, our tv free household now has a new tv. Not just any tv, either, but a Plasma. lol! (um, where is my new rhr???
11.gif
)

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have a TiVo, but I have a DVR... basically, the same thing. Here''s my lineup (without checking at home...)

Apprentice
Medium
Law & Order
Law & Order: SVU
My Super Sweet Sixteen
Entourage
CSI
Survivor: Guatemala
Nip/Tuck

I think that''s it... boy, I watch a lot of tv!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results