shape
carat
color
clarity

Fake Diamond in Platinum Setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mame3737

Rough_Rock
Hi! I have a 950 platinum shank, with a 14K white gold head. My diamonique is set Tiffany style. I''d like to get a new head in platinum for a larger fake stone. Can you set a fake diamond in platinum, or will it break the stone like my jeweler said?

Thanks!

Nate

Shiny_Rock
Break the stone?

Break the stone? Find a new jeweler!

Mame3737

Rough_Rock
They said it would break a FAKE stone, that a fake is nowhere near as strong as a real diamond.

Is this not so?
6.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
If this is a regular 6 prong solitaire, I don't see why it would break the stone? I don't think the pressure would be that strong. If its a tension set..that may be a different story. On eBay there are tons of platinum settings with fake stones in them. Same with white gold and/or gold.

Good luck...I'd get a second opinion.

Mame3737

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info.! I wondered if he was just not very good, because he didn't want to use my Diamonique, he wanted to use his own "crystals" to set it. I wondered if he was afraid he would break it even in the white gold, and if he used his own he could break as many as he wanted. I like the Diamonique brand CZ because it seems to reflect more blue light than most fakes. Do you have another CZ preference, or all they all about the same?

Ginny

Rough_Rock
Many of the jewelry stores I've been in have their e-rings set with CZ's so you can see what it would look like with a stone set, rather than showing the empty settings. That includes the platinum settings.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results