shape
carat
color
clarity

Fake diamond!! HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

guslik

Shiny_Rock
:(( Hi!
I purchased diamond on E-bay. Paid $1900 , when received turned out it’s CZ.
Contacted seller , he said that he won’t refund because he “has no tracking for the ring out of his hands” E-bay will refund only $200! Paypal “investigated” for 2 days and said that they don’t care what stone is in the ring!!! Credit card “dispute” won’t work either I think! Please HELP!
What should I do? Contact police? ADVISE NEEDED!!
Thanks!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Have you complained on the Ebay vendor thingy so other people read your complaint - sugest you leave your email theree and invite others who have been ripped off to get together and then the police FBI etc would take the case more seriously - there is probably lots of people being done.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry Guslic about your bad experience. As Garry, said you can threaten the seller with negative rating on eBay and PayPal and contact police.

Maybe (s)he will refund your money.

Unfortunately there is a lot of fraud going on eBay:

[/u][/u][/u]

guslik

Shiny_Rock
Hi again!
I would go to police , but what I afraid of, is that the police won’t take me seriously , they can say that maybe the seller sent a real diamond and I just switch it with CZ. It’s my word against sellers!! What are my chances to get my money back?
Thank you all!
:rolleyes:

guslik

Shiny_Rock
hi again!
this seller have more than 300 positive feedbacks (not from diamond actions , though), so I don't think anyone else has been duped by this seller:(
If it's only me does it count?:confused:

caltron

Rough_Rock
It would be a hassle, but you could sue in small claims court.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 9/27/2002 6:22:15 PM

hi again!
this seller have more than 300 positive feedbacks (not from diamond actions , though), so I don't think anyone else has been duped by this seller:(
If it's only me does it count?:confused:
----------------

Not necessarily. Look back on past auctions and contact those that left NO feedback. You may find people just don't want the hassle of leaving neg. feedback. I could be wrong here - but it's worth your time.

Sorry about your experience. A word of caution - never use paypal for expensive items.

alcmaeon

Rough_Rock
If you bought this with a MC or Visa credit card, and if the ring was supposed to be a diamond--that is, if it was adverted as a diamond and was not a diamond in real life, than by all means report it to the credit card. If this guy is using Paypal than he has an account hooked up to it. Visa/MC will yank the cash right out of his account if you can make a good case. You don't need 100% proof, just a good case to present. I know of cases for non-diamond transactions where thy took there cardmembers word over the sellers. If you don't try, nothing will happen. Also, there is a time limit on reporting this transaction to the credit card fraud department. Don't wait.

Regarding the police. Unless the seller is IN the same city as you, forget it. Not going to do a thing. Reporting to the police is next to useless--EXCEPT it is one more proof you can give to the credit card company.

Thats why you always need to buy off auctions with a credit card and a credit card only.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Paypal is a different nut. Unfortunately, accounts that are verified are tied to a bank account. Supposedly, this is to prevent credit card fraud - but I also wonder if they (paypal) can lien your bank account if the credit card transaction is refused or in dispute to the consumer. I don't know this for sure. Paypal limits used to be 1k - I think they raised it to 2k - If they did and you are not verified than I would think your credit card company can refuse payment.

But, yes, sage advice - never buy something like that w/o credit card.

I'm so sorry for your mess. I hope you can come to some resolve.

DiamondDog

Rough_Rock
Obviously you were trying to get a bargain, and it cost you lots of $$. This is always a danger when buying a diamond sight unseen. I know B&M stores get lots of bashing on this site, but this never would have happened to you if you had gone somewhere, anywhere, with a storefront. 99 out of 100 transactions that are web based may be as advertised, but you sure as heck don't want to be that 1.

Yes, I work in a retail jewelry environment. I have heard horror stories from customers who have purchased diamonds/jewelry online only to be disappointed with the quality, or suprised by a fake. To be fair, the happy customers who got a good buy online vastly outnumber the people ripped off, but they still have to bring me their ring to be sized, checked, cleaned, repaired, or just to have an evaluation of what they bought. The nature of web based business does not allow the service level that a bricks and mortar store provide. I also can sit down with a diamond customer, choose a diamond, setting, provide financing, have the diamond set and the ring sized in about 2 hours.. No online business will have this kind of fast turnaround. It may cost more, (10-15%) but we all pay for security, service, speed and comfort every day of our lives, why not for this kind of important service?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi DiamondDog and welcome to the forum :)

----------------
...I know B&M stores get lots of bashing on this site...
----------------

This is not true. We never bash B&M stores. On the contrary, we always underline that there are many dependable jewelers out there where consumers will find extra services not available in the internet.

So please stick around. Your insight will be truly appreciated.

:)

[/u]

bingbongbug

Rough_Rock
Leonid tells the truth! People on pricescope are advised that savings is only as good as your comfort with what you've bought--if someone prefers to buy the services that a B&M can provide along with their jewelry, then that is the "best deal" for them.

On the other hand, pricescopers are quick to note the difference between mall/chain stores and other stores, with have better product and selection, better service, more knowledgeable employees, etc etc.

Many people rely on the internet for their gems because they simply don't have anything but the poor selection of the mall stores in proximity to them.

Personally, I have been unable to find ideal cuts (outside of branded stones) in my location, and that is why I turned to the internet.

guslik

Shiny_Rock
Thank you soooo much for the advice!
I disputed this payment with my MC like you said and I got my money back in full!!!
thanks again!!!:loopy: :appl: :wavey: :twirl:

DigDug

Rough_Rock
Congrats! I am sure that is a weight lifted off your shoulders. I would send the diamond back to whome you purchased it from.

DigDug

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results