shape
carat
color
clarity

Fair priced B&M Princess?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Noy

Rough_Rock
I've been given the following 'deal' from a b&m store and I wanted to see if I was missing something or if this truly was a good deal:

Kaplan Lazar cut Princess
Dim: 5.74 x 5.49 x 3.86
Carat: 1.04 Color: E Clarity: VVS2
Table: 70% Depth: 70.3% Sym&Pol: Both VG
Medium girdle, no culet, no fluorescence
Price with tax already included: $6275

The diamond has a GIA cert. (though it's May 2001 and the diamond is not laser inscribed with the cert #)
I asked for a Sarin to get the crown height and they couldn't seem to get either of their machines working as I watched, so they still have to provide it.

According to all these stats (height pending), the diamond falls in Class 1B, according to the AGA charts.

What worries me is the fact that the cert is a little older than what I typically see for diamonds online (eg Bluenile) and to recert and laser incribe would be additional cost to me. Also, (noting Lazar) I wonder about the possibility of getting a HPHT modified diamond -- they verbally told me that it wasn't a GE POL.

Should I be suspicious about this deal? (they also insist on cash only to keep the fee for using credit off my final price AND all sales are final
confused.gif
)

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results