shape
carat
color
clarity

Fair Price?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CLOCKWERK

Rough_Rock
I have yet to see an independent appraiser but wanted some opinions.

1.02 carats
G SI1 Round Brilliant
6.41-6.47x3.97
Depth 61.6%
Table 58%
Crown Angle 32.5
Pavillion Angle 41
No cutlet
Med-Sl. Thk. Girdle
Very good polish
good symmetry

I paid $5200 in Chicago. Is this a fair price or could I do better?

Thanks for the help.

Mark

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
-----------
Is this a fair price or could I do better?
-----------

Mark, it sounds like a gorgeous stone at a very fair price. As far as doing "better", it's like the Old West. There's always a faster gun. You MIGHT do better after extensive searching, comparisons, etc, but I don't think the price would be that much substantially better.

My advice is to go with a stone which "talks to you" if the price is reasonable. The price is definitely reasonable, so if the stone "talks to you", then go for it.

Rich, GG
Sarasota Gemological Laboratory

CLOCKWERK

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Richard!!

I appreciate the feedback. I really liked the stone when I first saw it and am loving it more each day. I had my heart set on a diamond with better quality (better color, clarity, polish, and symmetry) but when I saw this one next to the "higher quality stone" I couldn't see much difference at all. I was just worried that the price might have been high.

Your reply helps to assuage my fears! Now all I have to do is wait for the jewerly designer to finish the ring and its off to the races.

Thanks again, Richard!

lacina

Shiny_Rock
Sound like you have made the right choice!
The think about choosing a diamond is as Richard said you need to go by your heart,... it is your choice how much you are willing to spend and is the extra few grand worth the extra sparkle? You have chosen pretty good grade and cut so no wories there! Once the stone is propertly set you will see even less difference!
So unless your girlfriend is a diamond expert and pulls out the cert before she says yes,... You will do just fine!
:))
George

GLE Gem Imports

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results