shape
carat
color
clarity

Fair price or not?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy_1

Rough_Rock
I am looking at a 2.12 round diamond. Clarity - SI2. Color - I. Measurements are 8.32 X 8.26 X 5.13. Depth is 61.9. Table is 56%. Crown height is 16%. Pavilion depth is 43%. Girdle is thin faceted. Polish - very good. Symmetry - excellent. Culet - none. Flourescence none. It says it is an excellent ideal cut. What should I be paying?
21.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
The table and depth are within Ideal specifications, but the diamond is not Ideal. An Ideal diamond would be a GIA Excellent/Excellent or an AGS Ideal/Ideal. This diamond takes a hit on the polish being Very Good and not Excellent.

Using the info you posted, the HCA cut adviser gives this diamond a score of 2.6, all VG's, with the comment, "Worth buying if the price is right". For a more accurate opinion on the diamond you would need to provide the crown and pavillion angles from a Sarin.

Depending on the girdle and the actual angles, if the diamond has blue fluorescence or not,........... You could be potentially looking at roughly $6135/carat, give or take.

Sounds like this diamond has real potential to be a very good performer.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results