shape
carat
color
clarity

faint yellow p-q-r-s what are they?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zjhog

Rough_Rock
WHAT ARE LIGHT YELLOW DIAMONDS WORTH, ANY MARKET FOR (P-Q-R-S) .. THEY ARE YELLOW IN SOME LIGHT AND WHITE TINTED IN OTHERS . . SETTING IS HARD BECAUSE THEY ARE NEITHER WHITE OR YELLOW ANY THOUGHTS?
SHOULD I KEEP THE PEAR STONE WHICH WAS VERY IN EXPENSIVE AND SEND TO GIA. AND SET. THE SETTING PROBALY WOULD COST JUST AS MUCH AS THE 1.36 PEAR SHAPE SI2

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
P/Q diamonds are worth less than L/M colors , but not a lot less. Few consumers consider them suitable for purchase in the USA, but in some parts of the world people do buy these lightly colored diamonds. Many pieces I brought back from South America had such stones in them. I once bought a very long necklace of old mine cushion cuts, 92 inches worth of 1 carat to 3 carat sizes, which "unfortunately" turned out to be a little too dark to be highly interesting to my customers here. Eventually I returned the necklace and bought some other items which proved better with the same money.

Many diamond dealers look for darker tinted diamonds for ptheir possible potentialfor color improvment with HTHP treatment. Some look for diamonds which can be recut to favor a fancy color potential which the present cutting does not take advantage of. Everyone interested in such colors is a shopper and a bargain hunter. No news there, I suppose.

You can enjoy a tinted diamond, but you are swimming against the current. Some folks like to go with the flow more.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results