shape
carat
color
clarity

Facets 7-stone emerald cut band (and friends!)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's here!

It's a 1.10ctw D color emerald cut diamond band in 18k white gold, from Facets. Love the way the steps bounce off all sorts of rainbow light! From being a colored stone person, I like having stones in different cuts to appreciate the materials in different ways, so I've wanted some step cut diamonds for awhile, and this band seemed like a perfect fit since I wouldn't have much use for a solitaire. I also have always wanted D color diamonds. :)

I'm coming off night shift work right now, AND my camera literally died so sorry for the phone photos and quick shots, but just had to share a little something. Will probably post more "glamour" shots later when awake and camera is recharged!

img_1844.jpg

img_4481.jpg

img_4473.jpg

img_1845.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The maker's marks. This is an estate piece, could use some replating.

img_4479.jpg

img_4480.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So this is the point where my phone died, but I wanted to take some fun quick photos of the new band with some diamond friends.

I currently wear a Van Craeynest solitaire (.9ct F) with a 1ctw 5 stone round band of G color diamonds, however my long term plan is to reset my solitaire into a 5 stone band using the diamonds for a 3 stone lazare ring (.52 center, .25 sides) and so I'm listing my 5 stone and my VC setting for sale currently. However, I don't mind enjoying them as is until they sell! Bwahaha.
Honestly if neither of them sell, I don't mind keeping both to use as a RHR and stackers!

photo_321.jpg

photo_322.jpg

photo_323.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some components of the future 5 stone

photo_1__3_.jpg

photo_2__3_.jpg

photo_324.jpg

photo_325.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A bit much?

photo_1__2_.jpg

photo_2__2_.jpg

photo_4__2_.jpg

photo_3__2_.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Learning to count...with diamonds!
One stone...
Three stone...
Five stone...
Seven stone!...

photo_3__3_.jpg

photo_4__3_.jpg

photo_5__2_.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for looking and sharing in my excitement!

Right now I'm wearing the 5 stone and 7 stone as right hand stackers, it looks pretty snazzy if I do say so myself...

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! That band is incredible.

You have a killer collection, MTG! Fun pics!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its beautiful!! And I am extremely jealous!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Laila619 said:
Gorgeous! That band is incredible.

You have a killer collection, MTG! Fun pics!

I agree completely!!

And the ECs look so amazing with your five stone. I think you need to keep it! That on your right hand with your new graduated five stone on the left would be SPECTACULAR.

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE THAT!!! Looks comfy to wear too!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
FABULOUS!! I love those EC bands.. and yours is gorgeous!!! I think it looks perfect with all your combinations --- even the "lets learn to count diamonds" stack!!!

Enjoy!!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Enerchi|1378488012|3515738 said:
FABULOUS!! I love those EC bands.. and yours is gorgeous!!! I think it looks perfect with all your combinations --- even the "lets learn to count diamonds" stack!!!

Enjoy!!!

Hmm, maybe that's why my daughter doesn't like math....we have used the proper incentive yet! :lol: Your ring is absolutely gorgeous!!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
yennyfire said:

Enjoy!!!

Hmm, maybe that's why my daughter doesn't like math....we have used the proper incentive yet! :lol: Your ring is absolutely gorgeous!!

YF - you've got the one and the three. Time for a five stone my friend! It's in your daughter's best interest, really.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Rosebloom|1378489443|3515752 said:
yennyfire said:

Enjoy!!!

YF - you've got the one and the three. Time for a five stone my friend! It's in your daughter's best interest, really.
Lol Rosebloom! I'm glad you got the point, even though I wrote "have" instead of "haven't".... I'd love a 5 stone (or maybe 7) and after seeing making the grade's new emerald band I think that's totally what I'd want! :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous!!! :love: You have a beautiful collection MTG! :appl:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all the compliments guys!

Lorrissey: It is in fact super comfy. I totally have a "type" when it comes to diamond bands, I love the low cut, "looks like an eternity" style. :)

Yennyfire: YES! You should totally get a 5 or 7 stone!

Also, just curious, what's the difference between baguettes and emerald cut? Should this actually be called a 7 stone baguette ring? lol. not sure I really know the specific cut differences between those two.

I have to say, the D color is sort of blowing my mind, now I see color tint in ALL my other diamonds!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a very beautiful and elegant ring, MTG! :love: I really love step cuts! (And I also really love your VC ring, as you probably know!)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Step cuts are really growing on me. Aside from the band, the only step cut stone I have is a very pale leuco garnet asscher from Peter Torracca, but I'm hopping to add more asschers down the line.

And maybe an octavia someday... :love:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Seems as though emeralds have clipped corners and baguettes don't.

Amazing collection MTG!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FrekeChild|1378531304|3516101 said:
Seems as though emeralds have clipped corners and baguettes don't.

Amazing collection MTG!

Thanks Freke

Hmmm, I can't actually see the corners due to the prongs, guess it'll be a mystery!

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
You've got excellent taste! I always love the things you pick out. Plus, that band was a steal of a deal. Big and chunky with a lot of flash. Enjoy.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehe thanks!

I need to stop shopping though, even window shopping, must...focus...on...saving!

Oh, and I looked at some of the macro photos, and the corners are indeed clipped. Emerald cut it is!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some new photos for fun, sorry for the dust and hairy fingers!

Step cuts attract so much dust!

img_4614.jpg

img_4623.jpg

img_4626.jpg

img_1876.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm falling in love w EC's, as well, as I stare into the beautiful depths of all these diamonds!! What a beautiful ring!! I hope you'll be able to share a few fire shots, if you have your camera out on a sunny day!!

You did well finding this ring, MTG!! :appl:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1378590381|3516407 said:
I'm falling in love w EC's, as well, as I stare into the beautiful depths of all these diamonds!! What a beautiful ring!! I hope you'll be able to share a few fire shots, if you have your camera out on a sunny day!!

You did well finding this ring, MTG!! :appl:

I haven't really been able to get a fire shot :/ Won't stop trying though!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!! Step cuts are so mesmerizing and that band is fabulous :lickout: I actually really like it paired with your mrb band!
I have an ec band and a baguette band which I'm planning on pairing with an mrb band when budget allows.
Enjoy!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring, love emerald cuts - beautiful - nice collection mtg :wavey: :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results