shape
carat
color
clarity

Facebook + BGD? Prizes?!

Cinna

Shiny_Rock
Want to share the wealth! (chance at it at :) )

BGD's got some a great viral contest going on Facebook! I've obviously already signed up and am hoping hoping hoping I win!

The melee on my e-ring that I got made from them looked like they were set by little fairies, so I'd love one of these especially for free!

Prizes? "500 custom-made, rose-colored titanium pins set with a Brian Gavin Signature diamond melee, and have a chance to win the Grand Prize, a Brian Gavin Signature Diamond Pendant, valued at $2000"

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I just signed up! Ooh, I wonder if I can guess any PSers from the "people who like this" list on FB!

Cinna

Shiny_Rock
I hope PSers win it! And we'll be able to recognize each other on the street! Like armbands ;))

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
HA yeah, the BGD army! We'd all have to pin it to our left lapel, so we could recognise each other. Hahahaha.

Wouldn't two of those pins make a cute pair of earrings?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
This is such a cute idea!

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Please remember that many PS users treasure their anonymity and would prefer to keep it that way. Please keep the discussion away from IDing PS members to respect everyone's privacy.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Whoops I'm sorry Ella, I got carried away.

My bad everyone! And I agree, I value my own anonymity here too much to give it up, I'm sure most feel the same way. Sorry if I made anyone uncomfortable.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I won one! I'm really excited! :D

Cinna

Shiny_Rock
Glad the links were taken out, it completely didn't cross my mind!

Porridge: That is an amazing idea. A little changes here and there and that definitely would make cute earrings.. although if I were to purchase earrings from BGD, they'd have to be a bit more blingier for me!

vc10um : Do I get a finders fee?! ;-) Congrats! I've been checking my email ever so often but no go! Please post pictures later, I'm curious to see what rose titanium looks like!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Cinna said:
Glad the links were taken out, it completely didn't cross my mind!

Porridge: That is an amazing idea. A little changes here and there and that definitely would make cute earrings.. although if I were to purchase earrings from BGD, they'd have to be a bit more blingier for me!

vc10um : Do I get a finders fee?! ;-) Congrats! I've been checking my email ever so often but no go! Please post pictures later, I'm curious to see what rose titanium looks like!

Haha, Cinna! I had already signed up for the contest before I saw the thread b/c I had already "Liked" BGD on facebook. But if I'd heard about the contest through you, I'd consider joint custody. ;)) And I will definitely post pictures...BG said 4-6 weeks to receive.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY congrats VC!!!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Oh you lucky thing! I'm dying to see pics. I'd love one but I'm transatlantic, the shipping would hardly be worth their while :cry:

You're right about the blingy earrings cinna, but still if I won one I'd be tempted to buy a second to match!

Cinna

Shiny_Rock
vc10um said:
Haha, Cinna! I had already signed up for the contest before I saw the thread b/c I had already "Liked" BGD on facebook. But if I'd heard about the contest through you, I'd consider joint custody. ;)) And I will definitely post pictures...BG said 4-6 weeks to receive.

Darn you and your knowing ways! We could have been great together! :halo:

Porridge: Well either myself or vc10um could take it off your hands if you do win :) I'm sure vc10um could modify them to be earrings!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I won one too!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I just entered, yay.

Porridge said:
HA yeah, the BGD army! We'd all have to pin it to our left lapel, so we could recognise each other. Hahahaha.

Wouldn't two of those pins make a cute pair of earrings?

I totally thought they were earrings at first... :???: lol

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
just "entered"!!! I sooo want to win that pendant :Up_to_something:

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I thought it was a pendant too! But I won one as well!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
B.E.G. said:

I won one too! :)

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
B.E.G. said:

Yay for all the winners!

B.E.G.: The Grand Prize, which they'll draw at some point is a pendant. :D

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
I entered too and am super excited! But I didn't win a pin in the last draw :(sad
Maybe the pendant that would be AWESOME!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
We are going to need some pictures, ladies!
I really hope I win one! I've "liked" BGD...just entered today tho. And packie, you don't show up on my friends list as someone else who "likes BGD...hmmm.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's weird! Do you ever think that your "likes" don't stick, or something? I've noticed people on my page show as liking something, and then 3 days later they like it again, and then later that afternoon they like it again-I can't figure it out!

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
I won one! yay! What a nice surprise after a horrible day of work :appl:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BGD e-mailed me to say that they had this contest on Facebook. I think that that was a poor public relations move. Why did they e-

mail me to tell me about a contest which I couldn't enter? If they were going to e-mail people, they should have made some provision

for those whom they e-mailed who did not have Facebook to be able to enter the contest. The contest didn't matter very much to me,

but feeling pushed by BGD to join Facebook annoyed me greatly. I felt that BGD's offering a prize on Facebook pressured consumers to

join Facebook. I resent the intrusions on privacy made by sites like Facebook and therefore do not want a vendor pressuring me to

join such a site. I frankly feel some resentment at a vendor who rewards others just because those people sign onto Facebook and I

do not.

Deb/AGBF
:read:

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Deb, you can't fault them for keeping up with the times. FB is a huge marketing tool and pretty much all companies out there use it as a way to promote their business. All the major vendors here have a page I believe. I don't think there was any harm in sending out the email to inform customers of the contest, it is up to you if you want to join and participate or not. Or you could be asked to be taken off the email list if wish to not receive updates on promotions.

PS: Congrats to all the winners!!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
FL Steph said:
Deb, you can't fault them for keeping up with the times. FB is a huge marketing tool and pretty much all companies out there use it as a way to promote their business. All the major vendors here have a page I believe. I don't think there was any harm in sending out the email to inform customers of the contest, it is up to you if you want to join and participate or not. Or you could be asked to be taken off the email list if wish to not receive updates on promotions.

PS: Congrats to all the winners!!

This. It wasn't a push to make you join the site, and it isn't going to hurt you if you can't - it was just an invitation.

I want to win one! They are so pretty! I "liked" BGD ages ago, soooo many sparklies :love:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I had a dream last night that I won. Does that count for anything?? :(

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I won a pin too. I never win anything so it was exciting for me! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results