shape
carat
color
clarity

Fabulous fun at Croghan's Jewel Box in Charleston, SC!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fun post! Thanks for sharing these pics. I would have a hard time picking a favorite.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Rosebloom! Gorgeous jewels!!! I think I need to plan a little trip... :naughty: I have always wanted to visit the grand mansions of Charleston so this is just an added incentive. :appl: Thanks for sharing!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My only dilemma is I know I'm going to fall in love with something there, I'm wondering if I should torture myself like that! ;(

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG I am in love with the Tiffany short fat emerald!!!! I would be weeping to leaving it there!!!!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh!! All that beauty AND Temple St. Clair?? In one day?? I'm positively green! Thank you for bringing those gorgeous sparklers into our houses, Rosebloom!

The SS sapphire bezel is fabulous! Also I love the asscher eternity, how beautiful. Next, the lovely & adorable vintage ring. How I wish I had a trust fund! They were incredibly nice to let you play & take photos, and you to put them up here.

What were the St. Clair prices like? Whenever I want to kill myself with lust, I look at her website. Most unfair of all, she's beautiful herself! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

--- Laurie

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006 said:
Oh.My.Gosh!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Are you telling me that I have been going to Isle of Palms outside of Charleston for 20+ years and I am just now learning of this jewelry store???????!!!!! And I was just there for a week about 3 weeks ago!!! ;(

If I had known they had Singlestone rings, I would have gone a LONG time ago!!! I look on Singlestone occasionally and just wish I could see all those rings! And it would help me to see the bands to know what works with my other rings. I have seen Yenny's rings and know the craftsmanship is great, but it helps so much to be able to try rings on!!!

And, you were there when there was a Temple St. Claire trunk show???? My goodness, that must have been one amazing little shopping trip! :appl: :appl: :appl: I would have left there broke and probably single soon after... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am sooo glad you had fun, Rosebloom! I only wish our trips had coincided so I could have met you there! I'll be sure to visit the next time we go down there!

I am so glad you saw this post DS. If you somehow missed it I was going to beg Ella for your email so I could let you know about this place. You would have the best time ever! It would have been a dream to be there with you - with all your knowledge and sophisticated taste.

I didn't even me took the trays upon trays of stunning Art Deco bracelets, dramatic necklaces, emerald rings, vintage settings, cool modern pieces. Just so much inventory (and all quality - none of it crappy mall stuff).

I can't wait to hear what you think after you go! Maybe you could convince hubby to go on a romantic weekend jaunt to Charleston... :)

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
junebug17 said:
Those are all such gorgeous pieces! :love: I've been to Charleston quite a few times over the years and didn't know about this place. I'm going to Kiawah Island tomorrow for a week, and we will probably go to Charleston, so I will be sure to check it out!

You must go! Also, we had lunch at Two Boroughs Larder which is a ten minute walk away and seriously delicious. Inventive, artisanal, delicious.

http://twoboroughslarder.com/

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
misskittycat said:
I really love the setting for that yellow sapphire....

Me too. And it was great to spend time with high quality rose cuts in person. I've seen them before in person but didn't have as much time to observe how they perform. I really loved them. I've always wanted a diamond rose cut cluster/halo ring (thus my screen name!) and this just confirmed that desire. Frankly, the sapphire was so golden and saturated I thought for sure it was BE treated but it has a GIA report heat only.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
SB621 said:
Oh .....oh my!!!!!!

Gorgeous just gorgeous! I loved the asscher or EC cut.. I couldnt quite tell!

You HAVE to go before you move oversees! All the SS eternities are your size too. You could just walk out with a few goodies for your stack! They have an alternating French cut diamond/French cut sapphire that would look perfect with your other bands.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
kgizo said:
What a fun post! Thanks for sharing these pics. I would have a hard time picking a favorite.

My pleasure! I had such ridiculously good bling karma to be able to spend time here that I had to do my duty to share the eye candy! I just wish my pictures were better and that I had been able to capture more. This is really just a fraction of their inventory.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
missy said:
OMG Rosebloom! Gorgeous jewels!!! I think I need to plan a little trip... :naughty: I have always wanted to visit the grand mansions of Charleston so this is just an added incentive. :appl: Thanks for sharing!

You should! their gemologist is quite knowledgable and I'm sure would love to see Bea! Of course who wouldn't! Next summer I'll check out the mansions - thanks for the tip.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
arkieb1 said:
OMG I am in love with the Tiffany short fat emerald!!!! I would be weeping to leaving it there!!!!

That sounds about right!! Also, it is priced at $38k. I was told that and saw the price tag. But in my bling haze for some reason I thought it was $28k. I kept going on and on about what a great deal it was and I almost forced my husband to just get it. Then after we left I saw in my pictures the price tag saying $38k. Still a good price for estate Tiffany but not the bargain of the century I thought I had walked away from. I was clearly under the influence of too much beauty!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak said:
Oh my gosh!! All that beauty AND Temple St. Clair?? In one day?? I'm positively green! Thank you for bringing those gorgeous sparklers into our houses, Rosebloom!

The SS sapphire bezel is fabulous! Also I love the asscher eternity, how beautiful. Next, the lovely & adorable vintage ring. How I wish I had a trust fund! They were incredibly nice to let you play & take photos, and you to put them up here.

What were the St. Clair prices like? Whenever I want to kill myself with lust, I look at her website. Most unfair of all, she's beautiful herself! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

--- Laurie

I'm so envious of those of you who live driving distance. Of course I'd be coming up with the most ridiculous excuses to visit (um... Gas is cheaper in Charleston, honey, let's go fill up!).

The TSC pieces were more delicate in person than in pictures online. The gems had lovely even color and some really glowed. There was a stunning 9 carat (?) star sapphire ring in an awesome YG setting that had a laurel wreath motif going on. That one was $86k I think. But there were some smaller amulets and pendants that were around $1k. Unfortunately the chains are all sold separately. They are so beautifully made but pricey - $1k and way up. It would be a shame not to get one as they pair so perfectly but it drives the cost up considerably.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I;m seriously speechless!!!!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
motownmama|1377275643|3508695 said:
I;m seriously speechless!!!!

They had all the SS and some other eternities on these rolls and it totally made me think of the picture of your hundreds of eternities!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow, what an amazing place! I didn't realize that anyone actually carried Singlestone! Temple St. Clair too??? Be still my heart!And so close to where I live! I may have to make a trip to Charleston soon too! Some of those pieces are amazing!!! You are one lucky lady for getting to play in such an amazing playground (luckier still if you got to take one home! :naughty: ).....

Thanks for taking the time to share your photos!! What a great way to spend a few hours!! :appl: :appl:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
mom2boys|1377223454|3508387 said:
Oh how fun! I love the "Yenny" the best!
Aww, thanks Mom2Boys!! ;-) I'm STILL dreaming about that OEC we saw...I've even picked up the phone a few times to call and then put it down again....it haunts my dreams!!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
yennyfire said:
Wow, what an amazing place! I didn't realize that anyone actually carried Singlestone! Temple St. Clair too??? Be still my heart!And so close to where I live! I may have to make a trip to Charleston soon too! Some of those pieces are amazing!!! You are one lucky lady for getting to play in such an amazing playground (luckier still if you got to take one home! :naughty: ).....

Thanks for taking the time to share your photos!! What a great way to spend a few hours!! :appl: :appl:

Goodness - so many PSers live in this area! You must go in. They have two of your exquisite pieces so surely there'd be something else you'd just have to have to finish the collection!

I knew SS was carried at Greenwich Jewelers in NYC but I didn't know anyone else carried their items. I'm going to call them next week and ask if they happen to have relationships with anyone in the Midwest.

http://www.greenwichjewelers.com/shop/designers/single-stone

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Rosebloom|1377279322|3508716 said:
yennyfire said:

Goodness - so many PSers live in this area! You must go in. They have two of your exquisite pieces so surely there'd be something else you'd just have to have to finish the collection!

I knew SS was carried at Greenwich Jewelers in NYC but I didn't know anyone else carried their items. I'm going to call them next week and ask if they happen to have relationships with anyone in the Midwest.

http://www.greenwichjewelers.com/shop/designers/single-stone

That would be the problem! I'd be too tempted! The only item on my wish list right now is a wide band of some kind and the two I like (not SS) are between $10-$14K, which is out of budget entirely! Of course, the SS stack I'd want to put together would probably be just as expensive. :((

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Wow!!! Lucky you! My parents live in charleston so next time I'm down there, I will sneak out of the house if I have to and go to the store.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1377273380|3508666 said:
diamondseeker2006 said:
Oh.My.Gosh!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Are you telling me that I have been going to Isle of Palms outside of Charleston for 20+ years and I am just now learning of this jewelry store???????!!!!! And I was just there for a week about 3 weeks ago!!! ;(

If I had known they had Singlestone rings, I would have gone a LONG time ago!!! I look on Singlestone occasionally and just wish I could see all those rings! And it would help me to see the bands to know what works with my other rings. I have seen Yenny's rings and know the craftsmanship is great, but it helps so much to be able to try rings on!!!

And, you were there when there was a Temple St. Claire trunk show???? My goodness, that must have been one amazing little shopping trip! :appl: :appl: :appl: I would have left there broke and probably single soon after... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am sooo glad you had fun, Rosebloom! I only wish our trips had coincided so I could have met you there! I'll be sure to visit the next time we go down there!

I am so glad you saw this post DS. If you somehow missed it I was going to beg Ella for your email so I could let you know about this place. You would have the best time ever! It would have been a dream to be there with you - with all your knowledge and sophisticated taste.

I didn't even me took the trays upon trays of stunning Art Deco bracelets, dramatic necklaces, emerald rings, vintage settings, cool modern pieces. Just so much inventory (and all quality - none of it crappy mall stuff).

I can't wait to hear what you think after you go! Maybe you could convince hubby to go on a romantic weekend jaunt to Charleston... :)

You are so sweet and I would have enjoyed meeting you, too! We usually go 2-3 times a year but I have to work around our daughter's cross country meets and college visits, so I am not sure I'll make it before spring or summer. But I will be there for 2 weeks next summer and will allow plenty of time for a visit! Thanks for the great review! (And sorry to Temple for spelling her last name wrong above...my baby granddaughter's name is Claire, so that is just what my fingers type!)

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1377274325|3508680 said:
arkieb1 said:

That sounds about right!! Also, it is priced at $38k. I was told that and saw the price tag. But in my bling haze for some reason I thought it was $28k. I kept going on and on about what a great deal it was and I almost forced my husband to just get it. Then after we left I saw in my pictures the price tag saying $38k. Still a good price for estate Tiffany but not the bargain of the century I thought I had walked away from. I was clearly under the influence of too much beauty!

$38K is no great bargain. If it WAS $28K I would be pleading with you to go back and buy it for sure!!!!! Even if it was just to put me out of my own misery..... :lol:

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Anyone know of a shop like that in Texas?

badabling

Shiny_Rock
All those pieces are gorgeous but that EC stole my heart!!! Was it GIA certified?? I wish I had 38K and then some (for a Leon mege or VC setting) lying around.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh, man, this looks like the best field trip ever! Those Deco earrings ... SWOON!

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
I'm originally from South Carolina (living in Iowa now), and went to Charleston for a vacation back in April. I'd read about this place in one of my guidebooks, so DH and I went to check them out. DROOOOOOLLLL!!! The service was very friendly and the jewelry was insane. I'm still daydreaming about the two Edwardian-era diamond necklaces they had up in the very front case. Did you see those? I don't even remember how much the nicer of the two cost, but I'm pretty sure it was over 100k. Stunning, stunning, stunning :) Highly recommend Charleston to anyone looking for a great vacation, btw. The houses and flowers and ocean are so beautiful, the weather can be great outside of summer, and there's soooo much good food and shopping to be had. It feels very much like a Caribbean-European mix.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Circe|1377549645|3510123 said:
Oh, man, this looks like the best field trip ever! Those Deco earrings ... SWOON!

Yes, they are amazing. They also had an incredible sapphire and diamond Art Deco necklace that was similar - bigger, but daintier with more bezeled marquises and rounds - that blew my mind. I think it was $5K too which is almost doable and so tempting!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
tara3056|1377553851|3510174 said:
I'm originally from South Carolina (living in Iowa now), and went to Charleston for a vacation back in April. I'd read about this place in one of my guidebooks, so DH and I went to check them out. DROOOOOOLLLL!!! The service was very friendly and the jewelry was insane. I'm still daydreaming about the two Edwardian-era diamond necklaces they had up in the very front case. Did you see those? I don't even remember how much the nicer of the two cost, but I'm pretty sure it was over 100k. Stunning, stunning, stunning :) Highly recommend Charleston to anyone looking for a great vacation, btw. The houses and flowers and ocean are so beautiful, the weather can be great outside of summer, and there's soooo much good food and shopping to be had. It feels very much like a Caribbean-European mix.

I totally missed the necklaces you mention. I have to go back pronto!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results