shape
carat
color
clarity

Fabulous fun at Croghan's Jewel Box in Charleston, SC!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I had the most wonderful time at Croghan's Jewel Box in Charleston, SC today! Many, many, many thanks to Gemtastic for the recommendation.

I have been to many jewelry stores in my time but I have never seen such a diverse, interesting and beautiful collection of pieces in one place. It’s a very small shop with loads of stunning antique and modern diamond, gemstone, and pearl pieces crammed into a small cabinet. The best surprise ever – they carry Single Stone! They had about 30 Single Stone eternities and a dozen or so solitaire rings. It was a dream come true to be able to try on so many of the rings I’ve drooled over for years.

I was honestly so flabbergasted by all the delicious offerings that I completely forgot to take pictures until I had already tried most of the SS items on. And then after taking a few pictures my phone ran out of batteries. So I only have a small sampling. I’m hoping one of our Carolinian PSers might make another trip to further document the goods.

(Also apologies for the filthy nails - I've been digging in the sand all week with my boys. I wasn't planning on taking any pictures but it was just too good to not share!)

photo_308.jpg

photo_309.jpg

photo_310.jpg

photo_311.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gah rosebloom!!!! That last one wit the sapphire halo?? thats what brought me to pricescope, the dream of a ring like that... sadly im just not that girl ;( but gosh do i love it

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
More!

photo_3-2.jpg

photo_312.jpg

photo_5-1.jpg

photo_313.jpg

gemtastic

Shiny_Rock
Glad you enjoyed! Did you see the OEC in the SS setting that is the same as Yenny's oval setting? I was surprised to see all the the SS goodies they stock....was surprised that I didn't love the french cut bands as much as I thought. Did you get to speak to the gemologist? He is great. So is the owner. I am actually picking up my precious from there tomorrow....maybe will do a photo shoot!

gemtastic

Shiny_Rock
Ahh, I guess you did see the SS OEC! What did you think of the SS stackers?

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
OMG-Rosebloom you got to see and try SS pieces! I would love to see those!!!
And all of the other pieces, wow! That OEC in the sapphire halo looks fabulous :love:
I also love the three stone, souvenir maybe? :naughty:
Looks like you had a fun little side trip on the family vacation :appl:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh how fun! I love the "Yenny" the best!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom, how FUN!! The rings all look gorgeous. Can you imagine wearing a different one everyday of the week?? :twisted: I am especially loving the sapphire. Oh, just so beautiful. Blow them up on your iphone and post them again!! :love:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
More!

photo_314.jpg

photo_315.jpg

photo_316.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
More!

_9208.jpg

_9209.jpg

_9210.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
More

_9211.jpg

_9212.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I thought this setting was exquisite. Very similar to the VC that is currently Jewel of the Week! It is set with a modified cushion cut diamond - kind of a cushion/radiant hybrid. Very sparkly but not my personal favorite. But if it had an EC or asscher - ooo la la!

_9213.jpg

_9214.jpg

_9215.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Last set

_9216.jpg

_9217.jpg

_9218.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1377221037|3508360 said:
gah rosebloom!!!! That last one wit the sapphire halo?? thats what brought me to pricescope, the dream of a ring like that... sadly im just not that girl ;( but gosh do i love it

It was pretty sweet. And I think you're totally that girl! Keep scoping ebay and you'll find one for $200 with your luck!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
gemtastic|1377221608|3508370 said:
Glad you enjoyed! Did you see the OEC in the SS setting that is the same as Yenny's oval setting? I was surprised to see all the the SS goodies they stock....was surprised that I didn't love the french cut bands as much as I thought. Did you get to speak to the gemologist? He is great. So is the owner. I am actually picking up my precious from there tomorrow....maybe will do a photo shoot!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you for the incredible suggestion! This is my idea of heaven!

I was very surprised to see that while the craftsmanship on the SS rings is exquisitite I wasn't completely swept away by the French cuts either! It's such a different kind of light return. If its being paired with a huge antique solitaire, the subtlety of the French cuts is probably perfection. But on its own, it didn't have enough punch for me. But I adored the bezeled round eternities. Wowzers! And their engraved bands and textured 24k gold bands - awesome.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
woofmama|1377223064|3508380 said:
OMG-Rosebloom you got to see and try SS pieces! I would love to see those!!!
And all of the other pieces, wow! That OEC in the sapphire halo looks fabulous :love:
I also love the three stone, souvenir maybe? :naughty:
Looks like you had a fun little side trip on the family vacation :appl:
Ooooo how I wish I could take home that sapphire three stone as a souvenir! Maybe someday soon! The asscher eternity would be perfect for you my friend! It was perfect. Made in house I believe.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom, OMG, love the additional pictures!! And the ridic Tiffany EC!! One of my DREAM stones, and 3+ carat step cut. OMG, OMG, OMG. I love everything sapphire right now! Can you post another pic of that OEC and sapphire eternity that you loved?? Would love to see that closer up! :)

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
mom2boys|1377223454|3508387 said:
Oh how fun! I love the "Yenny" the best!

It was like seeing a celebrity! And the band that she wears with her three stone was there too and it is equally stunning.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
LLJsmom|1377223616|3508390 said:
Rosebloom, how FUN!! The rings all look gorgeous. Can you imagine wearing a different one everyday of the week?? :twisted: I am especially loving the sapphire. Oh, just so beautiful. Blow them up on your iphone and post them again!! :love:

Fun is right. I was giddy! It took me an hour afterwards to feel calm again! Here are two images zoomed in.

_9219.jpg

_9220.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such gorgeous jewels! What fun!!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
LLJsmom|1377225443|3508421 said:
Rosebloom, OMG, love the additional pictures!! And the ridic Tiffany EC!! One of my DREAM stones, and 3+ carat step cut. OMG, OMG, OMG. I love everything sapphire right now! Can you post another pic of that OEC and sapphire eternity that you loved?? Would love to see that closer up! :)

Ridic is right!!!

Sadly I don't have any more pictures of my favorite SS band. Here are two from SS's website though. It was AMAZING in real life! And very low set so quite comfy.

_9221.jpg

_9222.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My kind of day! :love: The three stone sapphire and sapphire halo were my favs!

cheers--Sharon

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I forgot to add that they had a crazy amazing selection of pearls (South Seas, kashi, ripples, Tahitians...). Also it was a Temple St. Claire trunk show day so I got to see everything in her new line. Bling heaven!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
gemtastic said:

I forgot to answer that I did meet the gemologist and he was very kind. Please take pictures tomorrow!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
WHOA!!! What a great collection of 'drool-ables'!! WOW!! I'm loving the snapshots!! Isn't it sooo fun to take all these pics and share?? Which would you pick if you could have anything? I'd take the cushion/radiant with the 3 baguette sides... oh ya... I'd be a FAR better person if I owned that... FER SHUR!! :Up_to_something:

Thanks for the eye candy! (I just got home and have to download the rest of my DZ pics!!)

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi said:
WHOA!!! What a great collection of 'drool-ables'!! WOW!! I'm loving the snapshots!! Isn't it sooo fun to take all these pics and share?? Which would you pick if you could have anything? I'd take the cushion/radiant with the 3 baguette sides... oh ya... I'd be a FAR better person if I owned that... FER SHUR!! :Up_to_something:

Thanks for the eye candy! (I just got home and have to download the rest of my DZ pics!!)

I was wishing you were there to squeal with me! If I could have anything it would be the Tiffany EC. Ring of a lifetime. I also adored the sapphire three stone with OEC sides, the OEC and sapphire eternity and the EC eternity. Honestly if I could have those pieces I'd never need another piece again. Somehow I don't think my hubby would go for that deal though!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh.My.Gosh!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Are you telling me that I have been going to Isle of Palms outside of Charleston for 20+ years and I am just now learning of this jewelry store???????!!!!! And I was just there for a week about 3 weeks ago!!! ;(

If I had known they had Singlestone rings, I would have gone a LONG time ago!!! I look on Singlestone occasionally and just wish I could see all those rings! And it would help me to see the bands to know what works with my other rings. I have seen Yenny's rings and know the craftsmanship is great, but it helps so much to be able to try rings on!!!

And, you were there when there was a Temple St. Claire trunk show???? My goodness, that must have been one amazing little shopping trip! :appl: :appl: :appl: I would have left there broke and probably single soon after... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am sooo glad you had fun, Rosebloom! I only wish our trips had coincided so I could have met you there! I'll be sure to visit the next time we go down there!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are all such gorgeous pieces! :love: I've been to Charleston quite a few times over the years and didn't know about this place. I'm going to Kiawah Island tomorrow for a week, and we will probably go to Charleston, so I will be sure to check it out!

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
I really love the setting for that yellow sapphire....

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh .....oh my!!!!!!

Gorgeous just gorgeous! I loved the asscher or EC cut.. I couldnt quite tell!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results