shape
carat
color
clarity

Fabulous CS rings under 2,000 dollar!!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring and stone colour, Wordie! Missy that ring looks yummy and great on you!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Burmesedaze I love your sapphire cab ring and have always wanted a clear dark blue sapphire cab ring.

Elle your tourmaline ring really pops - love it!

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here's my fun little project! It's a red-purple to green-blue color changing garnet from The Gem Trader. It is 4.7 mm, 0.60 ct. This one is from Sri Lanka, though these are commonly from Africa as well. I had it set into a 1930s-40s vintage inspired setting from Ivy and Rose with 0.11 ct of diamond sidestones in white gold. They were really sweet to work with and the total cost of the ring came in under $600. The most usual color I see is a dark turquoise indigo. In these pictures I'm trying to shine a pen light to bring out the green. I'll attach the vendor photos below to show the color extremes in forced light.
P1020640.JPG
P1020641.JPG

Sabrina31

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Missybeaucoup, Thank you for bumping this and sharing your CC garnet ring. I'm super excited to start at the beginning and see all the pretty ideas. Did you have Ivy and Rose set it for you or take it to your local jeweler?

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I wasn't sure my local jeweler would be used to handling garnets, so I had Ivy and Rose set it. It might have been slightly cheaper to do it locally, saving the shipping costs at least. I think the stone fit the setting just fine, but in case it was too deep, Ivy and Rose would have known what to do, so I felt more confident with them. My husband got this for my birthday and he was really excited about it. I am not usually a white gold person but we thought it would be more neutral for the stone. It's very fun for everyday wearing, kind of reminds me of a mood ring from the 70s.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's my fun little project! It's a red-purple to green-blue color changing garnet from The Gem Trader. It is 4.7 mm, 0.60 ct. This one is from Sri Lanka, though these are commonly from Africa as well. I had it set into a 1930s-40s vintage inspired setting from Ivy and Rose with 0.11 ct of diamond sidestones in white gold. They were really sweet to work with and the total cost of the ring came in under $600. The most usual color I see is a dark turquoise indigo. In these pictures I'm trying to shine a pen light to bring out the green. I'll attach the vendor photos below to show the color extremes in forced light.
P1020640.JPG
P1020641.JPG

Well done- very pretty!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I wasn't sure my local jeweler would be used to handling garnets, so I had Ivy and Rose set it. It might have been slightly cheaper to do it locally, saving the shipping costs at least. I think the stone fit the setting just fine, but in case it was too deep, Ivy and Rose would have known what to do, so I felt more confident with them. My husband got this for my birthday and he was really excited about it. I am not usually a white gold person but we thought it would be more neutral for the stone. It's very fun for everyday wearing, kind of reminds me of a mood ring from the 70s.
I think the white metal works well with it too. I also don't wear much white metal, but I have a few pieces and they blend in nicely with the yellow gold. In fact, since the diamonds and stones are the focus, so one hardly notices the metal. It so sweet that your husband was excited about this and that it was a birthday gift! I love those fun old mood rings lol. Any gem that is responsive to light the way that a color changer is, or a phenomenonal gem is, is downright fun to wear!

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Sabrina, Rfisher, and Bluegemz! I took another shot outdoors in full sun in the garden. I was seeing blue-green with red flashes from the facets. I tried to get an indoor shot in incandescent light that might show more of the red, but the picture I took when the stone looked red to me came out kind of purple-black. One of the odd things perceptually is that when you know the colors are in there, you see them, sometimes two colors at once in a way that's physically impossible. Like you said, Bluegemz, the responsiveness is fun!
P1020734.JPG
P1020738.JPG

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I shared mine in SMTB but she also qualifies for this thread coming in under $1,000.

.81 carat pink sapphire in a 14kt gold setting from Julia B on Etsy (photo credit to her as well)

IMG_2516.jpg

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
The that is one sweet little ring MissyBeaucoup. It would make a nice engagement ring. Very dainty and pretty!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Love the new additions to one of my all time favorite threads! I have one to share- a vintage Art Deco platinum and zircon ring with single cut diamonds. I hav always loved these belt buckle settings and this is my first zircon and it is so sparkly I definitely would love to have a nicer blue zircon one day! Got this ring from eBay:

IMG_0036.JPG IMG_0302.JPG IMG_0350.JPG

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the new additions to one of my all time favorite threads! I have one to share- a vintage Art Deco platinum and zircon ring with single cut diamonds. I hav always loved these belt buckle settings and this is my first zircon and it is so sparkly I definitely would love to have a nicer blue zircon one day! Got this ring from eBay:

IMG_0036.JPG IMG_0302.JPG IMG_0350.JPG
That's just gorgeous, apacherose! I love the everything about it. It has GREAT proportions and finger coverage with delicacy.

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow incredible that some of the rings in the thread have been so affordable

Here are some of mine: Tanzanite, peridot and amethyst.

IMG_3214.JPG
IMG_3035.JPG
IMG_2902.JPG

I love your pretty ring designs, gemobsessed! Where did you get the settings? Tell us a little more about their stories, please. I especially like the halo around your tanzanite trillion! It looks beautiful on you!

Thanks, Begonia and Acinom, for your sweet words! There are so many pretty things on this thread. :appl:Proof that we can enjoy our bling without totally breaking the bank!

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much :)

The tanzanite as well as the setting is from top tanzanite in New York. I got in touch with one of proprietors and he's even agreed to sell settings only if I need them sometime!

The other two settings - the peridot is a setting imported from Hong Kong into India- 200 usd. Very simple but nice and the last one is custom made in India. By far the first and second are much more fine.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I adore Coober Pedy opals and that one is gorgeous!

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
P1020510.JPG P1020511.JPG P1020512.JPG
I got this pretty Tanzanian "mandarin" spessartite garnet on Loupe Troupe. It is from a trusted PSer, but since I'm new and am not sure about the etiquette I won't give her name. The stone is 1.32 carat, 6.1 mm, and was precision cut by Barry Bridgestock. It is a bright stone and under the loupe it has pretty little effervescent bubbles like orange soda. My photos are on a cloudy day, but the garnet looks more bright and candy orange in the sun. The setting is an in-stock white gold halo from Ivy and Rose. I can imagine this setting looking very nice with lots of different colored stones. The last photo shows the colors of my "Empress" lotus which is blooming now in the frog pond.

I think the focus was a little better on this one. I took it on the macro setting. Still trying to get the hang of this photographing gemstones. I don't think I captured the true color of the stone very well. I see a lighter orange than this, but I notice a lot of the spessartites kind of look dark in photos or on a tilt.
P1020509.JPG

I love this Thread! Bumping for today’s discussion of spessartites with white or yellow gold.

LittleRed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
P1020640.JPG
P1020641.JPG

Is this “vintage inspired setting” a one of a kind or a setting Ivy and Rose offers? Your ring is very pretty!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally can post something here :D

Spess ring. Total cost around $600, setting is from mydiamondzone.

IMG_20180215_152210.jpg
IMG_20180216_100926.jpg
IMG_20180216_095646.jpg
Stunning! What a royal look.
It looks likes such a high end ring. Enjoy wearing it. Will you make a smtb thread for this beauty?

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stunning! What a royal look.
It looks likes such a high end ring. Enjoy wearing it. Will you make a smtb thread for this beauty?
Thanks Acinom for your kind words, and also sharing your rings which are a great source of inspiration! I will try to take pics when the sun comes out (no sun for the next few days) and post them! Right now all I can manage are indoor pics which are turning out a little weird for the spess.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results