shape
carat
color
clarity

F-G OEC

Roxy411

Rough_Rock
I really love the OEC diamond & ruby halo ring I found through a private seller but given the warmth of this particular M, have been looking into a few other stones online. I came across this one at a local jewelery store. It's EGL F-G SI1 although I only see a super tiny inclusion by a prong. The crown isn't as high as mine. Is it possible this isn't an OEC? It's 2.5ct 8.77 x 8.71 x 5.24. Thoughts?

_1619.jpeg

_1620.jpeg

_1621.jpeg

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It looks like a transitional. The crown looks plenty high, but the table is larger than many OECs. It is, most certainly, not an F or G! it looks like a K to me. Don't trust EGL.

Veltiesmom

Shiny_Rock
That definitely does not look anywhere close to an F. I have a GIA L OEC and it shows less tint than that stone appears to. Also looks a little dark under the table - but maybe that's just the photo.

Roxy411

Rough_Rock
Yes, for the record, I definitely did not think it was an F-G, just that's what it's being sold as (per the EGL card). [ETA: In the store it was very white...H/I maybe? Definitely looks like it has more color in these photos] I don't mind the color -- love some of the blues that come through. I was guessing it was a transitional given the table (I mistyped above) but hoping it was OEC...

The first photo is a screenshot of a video I took of the ring. I didn't notice the darkness, was just trying to showcase the pattern in the center.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results