shape
carat
color
clarity

F center stone...what color side stones??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Murr4168

Shiny_Rock
My centerstone is a .735 F SI2. The setting I had originally picked out has G-H VS side stones in a shared prong setting. The wedding band is 1.9mm wide with 0.33 carat total weight. It''s 11 stones so each would be 0.03 each, right?

In stones this size, would I notice a difference between the F centerstone and the G-H sidestones? I was just wondering if we should pay more to have F-G sidestones or if the G-H would be ok. I''m not sure how much of price difference it will be...we''re waiting for SP to call us back. But our budget is limited as it is and I don''t want to pay more for something I won''t notice. Thanks!

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
You will be fine with the G-H. Smaller stones don''t show as much color as larger diamonds.

Murr4168

Shiny_Rock
That''s what I was thinking but Signed Pieces has suggested it. Of course, I had to check here first :)

Any other thoughts? We''re planning to place the order as soon as they call back. Thanks!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I think you will not notice the difference. But check on the prices. If it''s not too much more it might be nice to have the higher color since it''s part of your Ering.

I have an F center stone and a eternity wedding band. The wedding band stones are supposed to be H or higher and I never think they look any different than the F.

Good luck!

Murr4168

Shiny_Rock
Spoke with Signed Pieces and it was going to be $200 more to get the F-G stones. Well, technically it would only be $100 more considering the original quote I received for the engagement ring was incorrect. They didn''t account for platinum progns on the center stone which apparently they require so the correct quote is $100 more than what they had told me. Not a big deal, but still irritating. We decided to stay with the G-H stones.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
You will be fine. My three stone ring has an F center stone with G sidestones and I can''t see any difference at all.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that staying within 2 color grades is a good way to go. So for an F center, I personally would stick to the F-H range on the lower side.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results