shape
carat
color
clarity

Eye-clean or not?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
I''m wondering if anyone wd consider getting an I1-included stone for an e-ring. I found these three ~ 1carat cushions on JA and would like to know if the inclusions could be easily spotted at ~6 inches without a loupe.

First: http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/J-I1-Ideal-Cut-Cushion-Diamond-1127716.asp

Second: http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/J-I1-Ideal-Cut-Cushion-Diamond-1177205.asp

Third: http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/H-I1-Ideal-Cut-Cushion-Diamond-1190176.asp

If the inclusions are not easily spotted with the naked eye, which of these 3 would you pick?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/4/2009 11:43:51 AM
Author:DiamondFlame
I'm wondering if anyone wd consider getting an I1-included stone for an e-ring. I found these three ~ 1carat cushions on JA and would like to know if the inclusions could be easily spotted at ~6 inches without a loupe.

First: http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/J-I1-Ideal-Cut-Cushion-Diamond-1127716.asp

Second: http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/J-I1-Ideal-Cut-Cushion-Diamond-1177205.asp

Third: http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/H-I1-Ideal-Cut-Cushion-Diamond-1190176.asp

If the inclusions are not easily spotted with the naked eye, which of these 3 would you pick?
The only way to tell if these diamonds are eyeclean or not is to ask the vendor to inspect each one for you, and to make sure they understand your expectations of what eyeclean means to you. I1 clarities may not be eyeclean, but check anyway. Out of the three I prefer the first one but it may not be eyeclean, but I would only be speculating so again you need to ask....See if you can get an Idealscope image for whichever ones you decide to investigate further.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Based on those pics I agree with Lorelei on 1.

As far as eye clean, it depends on the viewers vision of course but none of them look like they''re going to be. Any reason you''re looking at I1 clarity? If it''s because of size, maybe the inclusion wouldn''t bother you even if you could see it.

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t want to pay for something I can''t really see with my naked eye. So I''d rather get a bigger stone as long as it is eye-clean. JA has online loupes but I need something to miniaturise the images to actual size to see if the inclusions are that obvious.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Contact JA and request that Julianna pull them and get back to you on them being eyeclean.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/4/2009 12:49:02 PM
Author: strmrdr
Contact JA and request that Julianna pull them and get back to you on them being eyeclean.
Julianna doesn''t work for Jim now Karl
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/4/2009 12:23:13 PM
Author: DiamondFlame
I don''t want to pay for something I can''t really see with my naked eye. So I''d rather get a bigger stone as long as it is eye-clean. JA has online loupes but I need something to miniaturise the images to actual size to see if the inclusions are that obvious.
The best way is to ask them to check the diamonds for you, that way you will have a better idea.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 12:51:21 PM
Author: Lorelei

35.gif
ooook
That stinks

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock

35.gif
I missed something. Wasn''t there a thread about Asschers about a week ago where someone had Julianna check stones for them?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/4/2009 1:02:58 PM
Author: James Allen Schultz

35.gif

Um, am I missing something? Julianna is definitely still working for us!
Really?
23.gif
I am sure I read something a while back that she wasn''t but that is obviously wrong then, thanks Jim!

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I spoke to someone from JA. He confirmed the inclusions are fairly visible at 6 inches or less. Guess I gotta look at SI2 next... But thanks for the responses. Appreciate it.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock

35.gif

Um, am I missing something? Julianna is definitely still working for us!
kewl, she did a good job with the asschers the other day.

YoungPapa

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/4/2009 1:07:51 PM

Really?
23.gif
I am sure I read something a while back that she wasn''t but that is obviously wrong then, thanks Jim!

Ahhhhhh. Now I understand. Customer Service Julianna left a year ago. Julianna the graduate gemologist isn''t going anywhere!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/4/2009 1:14:39 PM

Date: 3/4/2009 1:07:51 PM

Really?
23.gif
I am sure I read something a while back that she wasn't but that is obviously wrong then, thanks Jim!

Ahhhhhh. Now I understand. Customer Service Julianna left a year ago. Julianna the graduate gemologist isn't going anywhere!
THAT explains it! 2 Juliannas! Thanks for clearing that up Jim, I looked back and found the post where that Julianna said she had left the company, thought I was going nuts for a minute!
9.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Many I1 diamonds are clean enough that once you put the ring on and other folks look at it they will not see any inclusions with a normal examination of the ring. If they put it up close to really "inspect" it, then they will likely see the inclusions that you can see. We look at many I1 diamonds in our commercial lab which people are definitely buying, wearing and enjoying. Most of them are not Pricescopers, but just ordinary consumers who have a strict budget in mind and wish to purchase one which will make someone who is unaware of a diamond''s intricacies happy.

I just finished with grading an I1 with quite a visible set of inclusions for a consumer who is absolutely pleased with her diamond. A bit of eye-visibility is not so problematic as it first may seem. It is more diffiuclt to determine the degree of eye-visibility with an on-line purchase, but many people are quite happy with I1 stones.

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, David. I agree with you. Once set, some I1s may appear eye-clean. Problem for me right now is finding one online... Anyway, I think I may have found my ring!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/5/2009 2:40:01 AM
Author: DiamondFlame
Thanks, David. I agree with you. Once set, some I1s may appear eye-clean. Problem for me right now is finding one online... Anyway, I think I may have found my ring!
Congrats!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results