shape
carat
color
clarity

Extra facet on VVS2: should I be concerned?

diamondhunt

Rough_Rock
Hello Pricescope community,

First, thanks to all of you for all the invaluable diamond knowledge you have shared here. I have been learning plenty from your answers and input in the search I began a few weeks ago.

I found a 1CT I VVS2 diamond, EX polish, EX symmetry, NO Fluor. All proportions seem to within acceptable range. It gets a 1.3 in the HCA tool. The only thing I am not so sure about is a tiny extra facet on the crown. Should I be worried? I have spent several hours learning about extra facets. According to what I have read, there is minimal to no concern in extra facets this small, but I wanted to get all your opinions.

What do you think? Are there any chances the extra facet could hurt the diamond's light performance? there are no pics as it is in Bluenile's inventory, just the GIA cert (attached)

Thank you all for your valuable time.

Cheers!

_38667.jpg

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No inclusion at VVS2 clarity should be a concern. Moreover, in this case, the extra facet is the third most significant (or the least significant) among the three clarity characteristics listed, meaning the facet is very very very tiny.

Having that said, I hope trade members share their knowledge on extra facet on VVS2.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
flyingpig|1481164623|4105523 said:
No inclusion at VVS2 clarity should be a concern. Moreover, in this case, the extra facet is the third most significant (or the least significant) among the three clarity characteristics listed, meaning the facet is very very very tiny.

Having that said, I hope trade members share their knowledge on extra facet on VVS2.
Good answer FP. I believe a flawless diamond with an extra facet would become an IF (internally flawless)

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Garry H (Cut Nut)|1481235396|4105715 said:
flyingpig|1481164623|4105523 said:

Good answer FP. I believe a flawless diamond with an extra facet would become an IF (internally flawless)

Garry.

If "extra facet" is not an internal inclusion and does not affect clarity grading (beside FL vs IF), is it always listed the last regardless of the size of extra facet? Now I am thinking, I do not recall "extra facet" being listed before other inclusion types on GIA/AGS reports no matter how big it is.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results