shape
carat
color
clarity

Extra Facet on Radiant cut Yellow Intense

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jeannie

Rough_Rock
Hi

I''m new to these boards...I''ve been a lurker for a while now though and have learned alot!!

I am currently looking at a the following:

Intense Yellow
Radiant Cut
VS1
GIA Cert
Polish Good
Symmetry Good
Flourence Med Blue
Price $2,430.00

I am concerned about what I think is an extra facet, what is the difference between an extra facet and an indented natural?

Any help would greatly be appreciated!!

Thanks!
1.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
An extra facet is a polished, non standard placement, surface. It is a way of removing a chip, or cleaning off a "natural" giving the stone a polished surface rather than a dull one.

A "natural" is the original, unpolished skin of the rough diamond. It may ionly be the cutter showing off his skill at leaving the maximum weight of the finished stone. It may have no effect on value, although it could if it was too noticeable.

An indented natural is the unpolished skin of the stone which is located in a cavity that was in the original crystal and was beneath the surface where faceting was done. It has remained unpolished and still represents some sort of depression or cavity. It may be quite small. It may not be small. One must look.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
The extra facet, if samll should be negligible... What worries me is the med blue fluorescence... The stone COULD face up a bit bluish (then less intense) in sun light...
1.gif

BTW, I love fancy diamonds!!
2.gif
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results