shape
carat
color
clarity

experts: when in the buying process should i get the certificate?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

froufrou

Shiny_Rock
I am getting a diamond from a local jeweler who is getting it from Stuller (some kind of Stuller red box marketing program thing) and it has an AGS cert. the laser inscription though is of the "stuller id number" that i see on the diamond. id like to see the stuller certificate to make sure that it matches that diamond to be able to match it to the AGS cert as well as matching it using the mapping because im a little wary about the jeweler (i posted a topic on this before.)

anyway, the jeweler says that i cannot see the stuller certificate until after i pay him and then stuller wil send it. is this how it always works? i would not be able to see the stuller certifiate to compare the number on the diamond before i buy it??

please let me know!!

edit:// i have seen the AGS cert and have tried to compare it to the diamond under a magnifying glass but i am no expert so id really like to be able to see the laser inscribed number and how it matches. the AGS cert currently has a little post it note in front of it that tells the Stuller ID which seems like a very non-official way to run things.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
38.gif

Sounds fishy to me. I say no go.

froufrou

Shiny_Rock
does anyone else have experience with this getting the stuller cert with the laser inscription number AFTER the buying of it? anyone? please? thanks :)

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I do not have any experience with Stuller, but I can share my experience. When my husband bought my Hearts on Fire diamond from a local jeweler Hearts on Fire mailed the AGS certificate after the purchase. We picked it up at the jewelers. This may not be how it works with online vendors, but this was how it worked in our dealings with a brick and mortar business. We have done business with this jeweler for years though and know him personally so we were okay with doing it this way.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results