shape
carat
color
clarity

Experts on versions of Cartier Panthere watch?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I finally decided I love a discontinued Cartier watch so I am looking at buying a used one and I am confused about the different versions.

here is my question for anyone who is a Cartier expert...

i am interested in the all yellow gold small woman''s quartz Panthere watch with no diamonds around the face. I am finding some on the web with a blue sapphire crown, some with a diamond accented crown. Are these both versions of the authentic watch?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/17/2009 3:00:49 PM
Author:Green with Envy
I finally decided I love a discontinued Cartier watch so I am looking at buying a used one and I am confused about the different versions.

i am interested in the all yellow gold small woman''s quartz Panthere watch with no diamonds around the face. I am finding some on the web with a blue sapphire crown, some with a diamond accented crown. Are these both versions of the authentic watch?
don''t over pay for a quartz watch.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Wow, you've given yourself quite an assignment.

I can't comment on the watch nor suggest a dealer, but I would want to know the provenance of the watch, and the reputation of the seller would have to be airtight.

Good luck!

Ps, fwiw, I'll give my humble opinion, I don't dislike quartz watches from Cartier, JLC, and Rolex. To be honest, I find quartz watches to be a lot more accurate, and a lot easier to take care of. I've owned Seiko and Casio quartz watches (and many Casio digitals). I've owned three Swiss mechanical watches (all told, several more than that, but counting major brands each a single time because some of them I returned or gave away) so, believe me, I like mechanical watches- it was my hobby for years, but I've never disliked quartz watches and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/17/2009 3:00:49 PM
Author:Green with Envy

www.grayandsons.com buy and resell Cartier, they seem to be very familiar with both past and present models so you could ask them.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I own a mid-size automatic Cartier... and a JLC... but it seems really hard to find an automatic in a smaller woman''s watch. I want something more dainty since the yellow gold adds quite a bit of weight and the woman''s automatic rolex just don''t do it for me. I found one at a local used watch dealer... but the serial number had been buffed out.
32.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results