shape
carat
color
clarity

Experts! Need an opinion on my diamond please!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovediamond!

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone! I wish I had found this forum sooner! I recently got engaged and was pretty happy about my diamond until I started reading more on this forum. When I ran my diamond on the HCA, I got a score of 4
emsad.gif
Now, that would be fine if the diamond didn't cost a lot, but it was quite expensive considering it's HCA score (~40,000). It was graded by the GIA prior to 2006, but I called and got the crown/pavilion info (see below). When I tried looking at the AGS table, I got a cut grade of 1 (four 1's and two 0's).

What I don't understand is if the cut is so crucial to the performance of the diamond, then why does color and clarity seem to have a greater impact on the price? I mean GIA didn't even have cut info prior to 2006.
emotion-40.gif

What do you think of my diamond? Any info would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!

size 2.01 ct
8.09-8.13 x 5mm
color E
VVS2
table 58%
depth 61.7%
crown angle 33.5
crown height 14%
pavilion angle 41.4
pavilion depth 44%
fluoresence faint
medium girdle
symmetry Ex
polish VG
culet None

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results