shape
carat
color
clarity

Experts I need your help, is this a feather or a natural???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
HI,

I need some advice. I just purchased a diamond with a GIA cert. I purchased it online and it is an H SI1. I knew when purchasing it that the diamond had a feather and an indented natural. among the other inclusions.

From the plot, I could see that the feather showed up as three tiny feathers right by the girdle on the top and two tiny feathers on the pavillion side.

I asked if the feather posed a durability issue as I was concerned that it was surface reaching and right on the girdle.

I was told no, it was not an issue and it was not surface reaching.

I received the diamond today and immediately checked it out with a loupe to check the inclusions, etc.

I noticed that I could see a cloudy spot and what looks like a few tiny cracks on the girdle and checked it against the plot and it seems to me that this was the tiny feathers that I could see on the cert. I ran my fingernail over it and I can actually feel it with my nail and my nail sort of goes into it when I run it through lightly.

I immediately emailed the company and asked them if they could verify that this was indeed the feather and whether or not it was a durability issue or not as I was concerned, esp. since there is clouding in the same spot.

They said that it was the indented natural I was feeling, not the feathers as the feather is not surface reaching.

I tried to find the indented natural, but based on the plot, I think it is covered up by a prong and therefore I can''t see it/feel it at all.

Anyway, I am posting pictures of the inclusion in question and wanted to find out from experts if this is a feather or a indented natural and most importantly, should I be worried about it chipping at a later time and date.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Here is a picture from the pavilion end.

feather or indented natural 003_edited.jpg

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Here is another one. It was very hard to capture these pictures, and again, the feathers are tiny, but I am just worried that it will chip later and be a big problem.

feather or indented natural 004_edited.jpg

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Here is what it looks like from the top.

feather or indented natural 014_edited.jpg

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Okay, the last three were bad, here are a few better ones.

feather or indented natural 028_edited.jpg

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Here is the clarity plot...

feather or indented natural 035_edited.jpg

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Here is the cert. plot from the top.

feather or indented natural 034_edited.jpg

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
so, can anyone fill me in on whether this is a feather or indented natural and whether I should be worried about the girdle chipping. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results