shape
carat
color
clarity

Experts! How many grams of gold does it take to make a 0.8mm ring?

Sjla

Rough_Rock
Premium
Hey everyone, I'm looking to buy a ring from etsy for the first time and I'm seeing some really low prices even for etsy.

For example https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/596...-ring-perfectly-shinny?ref=user_profile&frs=1

It's listed as 0.8mm 18k "Solid Gold" but the price is only $45 usd? Is this trust worthy? I'm assuming it takes maybe 1-2g (??) of gold for a 0.88mm ring? 2g of 18k gold should be close to $30-60 usd, not including the price to produce it?

I need a spacer ring for my wedding band and engagement ring set and I do want something that is legit 18k gold to prevent scratching the prongs.

amoline

Shiny_Rock
I'm not experienced, but I have heard in the ballpark of 3g for a general ring for something that isn't ridiculously delicate nor anything like a thick wedding band - a good in between.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
0.8 mm is really thin. Most barely there spacers are 1mm.
So a 0.8mm ring would be very light. If it's 1 g, the raw material in 18 k is around 31 $

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would guess the ring weighs less than a gram & it is likely as advertised. My ering which has a lot more metal is only 4 grams.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results