shape
carat
color
clarity

Experts Help me...Please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you''re looking for advice on the optical properties of these diamonds (ie. how brilliant, fiery or scintillating they may be) it is impossible to assess from the very limited informatoin that bluenile provides. A personal inspection would be necessary with the right equipment.

kevinraja

Shiny_Rock
Is there a way that I can choose a diamond export and ask to inspect the diamonds that I like from bluenile or anywhere else? How do I pick an expert? How much do they charge? What is the process of requesting the diamond merchant to send the diamonds to the expert that I pick?

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Kevin,

Search the index of independent appraisers from the top menu under resources to find an IA in your area. Blue Nile will give you 30 days to have the stones examined by whoever you choose. Most appraisers work by appointment but should have no difficulty meeting that time requirement. Ring them up and ask them their prices directly, I''m sure they will be happy to discuss it with you.

Here is some general information that may be helpful about getting the most value out of this process.

Neil Beaty, GG ISA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Is there a way that I can choose a diamond export and ask to inspect the diamonds that I like from bluenile or anywhere else? How do I pick an expert?
If you click on "resources" at the top right of your screen, you will see a drop down menu entitled "appraisers". There are many experts contained within.

How much do they charge?
Appraisals on diamonds the size you're looking at usually run about $100 to $150. If you have two or more sent to an appraiser, some offer a "rejection package" in which they charge a reduced rate per stone to weed out the "lesser" diamonds, and then charge you full price to appraise the "winning" diamond.

What is the process of requesting the diamond merchant to send the diamonds to the expert that I pick?
Just ask the vendor to send the diamond(s) to the independent appraiser of your choice. If they know him, they'll usually send it no problem. If they don't, they might check him out a bit to make sure they feel comfortable sending their diamond(s) to him or her.

If you use an appraiser to assist you in the purchase, it's hard to lose. You need an insurance appraisal anyway, so the cost is
just part of the process.

kevinraja

Shiny_Rock

Just ask the vendor to send the diamond(s) to the independent appraiser of your choice. If they know him, they''ll usually send it no problem. If they don''t, they might check him out a bit to make sure they feel comfortable sending their diamond(s) to him or her.

Will the vendor send the diamond(s) to the independent appraiser out of trust OR should I pay for those diamonds before the vendor sends them to the appraiser?

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Kevin,

Is there a reason you a only considering Blue Nile stones. While they have good policies (matched by many PS vendors), the stones you posted are not in their possession and are drop shipped from a different location. The person you e-mail or talk to at BN NEVER sees the drop shipped diamond.

Why don''t you consider one of the PS vendors like GOG, NiceIce, ERD, DCD and WF that can look at a stone for you and pick out a good one. You may save some money to boot and you can (should) send it to an appraiser as well.

kevinraja

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Noobie. In the beginning, I was not sure about vendors other than well-known ones. Now after doing enough research, I am more confident on PS vendors. I noticed that prices are cheaper at PS vendors when compared to BlueNile. I am currently looking at few stones at WF which I am interested in.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock

Will the vendor send the diamond(s) to the independent appraiser out of trust OR should I pay for those diamonds before the vendor sends them to the appraiser?

Depends on the vendor, and depends on the appraiser. Several Pricescope vendors will send the diamond to an appraiser without you having to purchase it first. Some don''t, but will offer a generous return period of 10 days or more. Either way, you''re not having to risk your money unless it is the right diamond for you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results