shape
carat
color
clarity

Experts? (finding the right oval)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dod

Rough_Rock
Any gemologists or experts mind giving me a few pointers on finding the right oval? I''m looking for a 1.0+, I+, SI1+, and no bowtie. What to look for and what not would be great. Thanks!

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2007 7:48:35 PM
Author:dod
Any gemologists or experts mind giving me a few pointers on finding the right oval? I'm looking for a 1.0+, I+, SI1+, and no bowtie. What to look for and what not would be great. Thanks!
You might try perusing Dave Atlas's fancy make charts on his site, www.gemappraisers.com. They should keep you out of trouble.

No bowtie is pretty hard to attain, but you might be able to fine one with a minimal bowtie. Some of the more recent cutting has done quite well at reducing this characteristic phenomena.

Dave's also got a neat tool on his site where you can see how varying the length-to-width ratio affects the outline look of the stone.

Then the more consumer friendly sites of some of the vendors who hang out here are quite good at supplying every kind of photo you could think of. The Idealscope and ASET photos will give you an idea of the light return performance of the diamond.

dod

Rough_Rock
Thanks Alot!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results