shape
carat
color
clarity

Expert opinions on this shop?

Batgirl76

Shiny_Rock
The store looks kinda sus to me. There’s some pretty stuff, but everything looks like it’s in perfect shape and never been worn.

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
It looks like new jewelry made to look “antique”
It all looks the same, I don’t trust this.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree with above - seems questionable to me.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Either new to look old or they cleaned out new old stock from somewhere.

S

SallyB

Thank you everyone. You’ve confirmed my suspicions.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Not to hijack but would you say the same of this store? I like some of the items but they are quite new looking

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
Not to hijack but would you say the same of this store? I like some of the items but they are quite new looking

It looks like a lot of conversion pieces.

S

SallyB

She says that most of her items were originally stick or hat pins that she converted into rings. But I’m a little confused about the age of those pins. If there is one (or several) you’re interested in, maybe you could post it/them here and one of the experts (not me!) could help figure out whether they are antique, vintage, or new.

BTW, conversion of pins and also brooches into rings is pretty common nowadays and a nice use of older items that would otherwise not be worn with the changing times.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Sally

I don't think there is anything in there that I am super keen on I have seen pieces I prefer it was just they all seem so polished and "new" looking I wasn't sure but perhaps the fact that they are converted from their original state explains that.

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am no expert,but hose are stick pins converted to rings and people do that. I had a Edwardian diamond stickpin converted for me for my old engagement ring. I believe it looks newer because stick pins do not take as much wear as rings. Also the shank is either made from the stick part or brand new and can be easily polished. You will probably see some wear behind the face of ring if anything for that is where dirt gathers. I have also received a Art Deco ring that they cleaned and polish and it looks shiny and new besides the shank being worn down a little and the detail on sides have a little wear :) Examples below of stickpin ring and shiny Art Deco ring :)

d.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results