shape
carat
color
clarity

Expert Opinions needed (2 ct RB) -- Does this cert warrant a trip to view the stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

about2begin

Shiny_Rock
Hi gang.

A vendor has a stone that meets my desired specs (2ct RB/si1/I+). Based on these measurements how do you expect the stone to perform? I read the thread on 41 degree pavilion angles but didn''t see a reference to a stone with these stats (59% table/32 degree crown)

Here the are:

GIA 2009 cert
Style: Round Brilliant
Measurements: 8.34*8.38*4.93mm
Weight: 2.05ct
Clarity: SI1 (eye-clean)
Color: H
Cur Grade: Excellent
Finish:
Polish - VG
Symmetry - VG
Flor: none

Table - 59%
Depth - 59.0%
Crown - 32.0 degrees
Pavilion - 41.0 degrees
Girdle - thin-medium (faceted)

FYI - HCA 1.1

My concerns:

1) VG symmetry -- does the HCA even apply to this stone?
2) Crown angle -- I''m no expert but 32 seems a bit low, no?

Basically, I''m asking to see what people would do with a stone like this assuming it''s ~18-19k. I haven''t seen the stone yet but according to the vendor (who I trust b/c I''ve worked with him before) it''s a very nice stone. Thanks so much!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you get an ASET or Idealscope image for the diamond? The crown angle is shallower than many we see around here but it is balanced by the steeper pavilion angle, so it could be a good looking diamond, probably more bright and brilliant than fiery along with the slightly larger table. Lab graded symmetry, it is said good and above look the same to the naked untrained eye, unless you want a top make diamond where ex or ideal is part of the package, it depends on your preferences and priorities. ASET or IS would be very helpful so see if you can request these from the vendor.

about2begin

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much -- I''ll see if I can get those images. The stone is a good 2 hours away so I''m just hoping to see if people have any opinions.

I''ve seen threads where people have generated virtual idealscopes for stones based on angles and percentages.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results