shape
carat
color
clarity

Expert opinion on Oval stone

lelos

Rough_Rock
Hi team,

Very new to the space but i’ve been reading with a lot of interest the information here and learning about diamonds in general as it sparks the scientist inside me. It seems at least in the oval stone space it’s more than an art rather than a science but i enjoy that the “art” part is based on science.

Anyway, story is i am looking for an engagement ring for my fiancee, who has provided me with a prescriptive list of boxes to tick.
No.1 factor is the size, looking for a 3.8-4.5ct oval stone.
No. 2 factor is sparkle
I am looking to spend no more than 18k with my sweet spot being at 12-13k

Now from what i have read here and elsewhere on the web i have been looking at D-G, down to VS1 with L/W ratio greater than 1.44 and table/depth % within the ranges published here.
I am also looking for a stone that’s HPHT rather than CVD, without growth treatments. (Open to hearing contrarian views on this as this will reduce my expense :))

I have concluded on the following options with my preference after factoring in the merchant reputation, return policy, price etc is no. 3. My second fav is no.2 and third no.1. Please ignore the prices on the links as i am not in the US and i have converted the quoted prices to USD for reference.

I’d be interested in hearing what more relevant people than me think and arguments for/against.
Many thanks guys and keep up the great work!
Option12345
Ct3.814.144.034.014.35
ColDEEDD
ClarVS1VS1VS1VVS2VVS2
Depth62.4%62.461.359.862.4
Table57%59.5596160
L/W1.481.451.441.441.48
GirdleSTK to TKM to STKM to STKSTK to TKM to STK
CuletNNNNN
Price10.1k10.8k12.8k14.1k16.7
LabGIAIGIIGIGIAGIA
Link

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Hi. I only see one diamond posted.

lelos

Rough_Rock
Hi. I only see one diamond posted.

Thanks for letting me know, i’ll try and reduce the size of the table but in the meantime you can use the horizontal scroll bar under the table to navigate to the rest of the options. Hope this helps

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi lelos
Fellow oval lover here.
Unfortunately the numbers do not tell the story about ovals.
Probably best to post pics of you can.
Even then it’s still not 100% reliable. But things like the overall shape are at least visible in pics/ videos

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
OK, now I can see the links to the images if I scroll horizontal. I'm not an expert and not an oval expert, but I like the 4.03 visually. Maybe it's just the angle, but there seems to be a light of scintillation. I'm going to bow out now and let the experts handle this! Good luck.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results