shape
carat
color
clarity

expert opinion on marquise

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

honeyxxxbear

Rough_Rock
.82 ct.
marquise brillant
si1
h
9.91 x 4.84 x 3.05mm
table 61.0
depth 63.0
crown 12.5
pavilion 44.3
girdle sl. thick to thick faceted
good/good
no fluorescence
I do not know much about diamonds and was wondering if you can tell cut quality from these measurements? The seller is telling me this is a very good cut. What would be a fair price?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
).

Of course, "paper" data cannot substitute real expert examination of the stone.

Are you comfortable with color and clarity grades, price? How about grading report (which lab)?

Just checking whether you didn't forget anything :)

Most important: have you seen the stone and like it?

:)[/u]

honeyxxxbear

Rough_Rock
I am having an appraiser look at the stone wednesday, for an educated view.

Color and clarity I have recently learned there were different grades. My first experience was at Helzberg, which led me to believe all I could afford was not what I had in mind. So I tried to find better, in the process I found a jewler who stressed cut and showed me the above stone. (Along with a few others to show me the difference in cut and clarity) So I decided no lower than an H and SI1, size didn't really matter but cut then became important. Something I know nothing about so I came here to learn something new. Which I most certainly did! Great site!

The diamond has a grading report from EGL.

Yes, I have seen the stone and looked at it outside (natural light), inside, and under the microscope every which way I can think of. It is a beautiful diamond that I would be proud to own. It is very sparkly and beautiful. (not at all like the stones I was seeing at the mall).

I thank you for your response, I was just unsure if I should trust the jeweler saying the cut was very good. As I have no experience in the matter.

Thank you again.
:wavey:

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Honeyxbear, if everything checks out and your happy with it, may you post a pic of the diamond and/or ring for us to see?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
It looks like you've done a great homework Honeyxxxbear!

It is a good idea to show it to independent appraiser to veryfy that diamond is indeed as represented. I mean EGL grades...

I'm with Tony - post the pictures if you could please. Propoptions sound lovely

:lickout:

honeyxxxbear

Rough_Rock
The appraiser checked the stone and confirmed the grading. She is a master gemologist and recognized the envelope I was holding with papers from the jeweler, right away she said I had gone to one of the best in town and pointed out that he is also a master gemologist, one of only four in my state. I felt very good after talking with her and will post a picture as soon as I get the ring done.
She said I did very well and to feel confident working with this jewler in the future.
Thank you for your input.:bigsmile:

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
It's always a pleasure to hear the success stories :)

Congratulations and enjoy your diamond :appl:

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Mmmmm... beautiful :lickout:

Lovely Marquise and the ring! I like the proportions very much!

Thanks for the pictures Honeyxxxbear

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow, I second Leonids reaction. Nice touch with the ruby sides. WTG!!!

naomisolomon

Rough_Rock
Hi there,

I am in the market for a marquise engagement ring and I am interested on the price you are being quoted for that ring. I am looking at a 0.86 carat, F colour, and I don''t have the other details. Will find out but would like to know what sort of price is reasonable for this type of diamond if you don''t mind sharing that info.

thanks

Naomi

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/22/2005 9:59:56 AM
Author: naomisolomon

would like to know what sort of price is reasonable for this type of diamond if you don''t mind sharing that info.
This thread is years old... so there might not be a reply.

The dozen sellers on Pricescope''s database don''t seem to care for coordinating prices: quotes for marquizes of 0.8 to 0.9 cts, E-F color and VS1-SI1 clarity (GIA) go from $2500 to $4500. And there is no clear ranking of grades either - the price depends on seller more than grades
2.gif

I would look for the AGA charts for prefered table & depth range and definitely check size after the length & width of the stones. Small differences of cut proportions have more impact on size than the last tenth of a carat. So... yours will definitely be a 1 carat sized piece, even if the weight and price is not quite there. There might not be too many stones with this lucky property, but a couple dozen are there to choose from.

Just my 0.2
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results