shape
carat
color
clarity

Expert help please. So between these two

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HCA is a rejection tool and it’s pretty much “<2 worth a look”, “>2 you can probably do better”. 0.9 isn’t better than 1.2 for example.
If you want super sparkle and peace of mind, go for a super ideal like Whiteflash or High Performance Diamonds. In the size you’re looking at, maximising the light return won’t be super expensive.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely no on the .32. Video is showing lots of leakage. The .5 is better. Is this a Canadian stone?

Edit...you can do better as far as cut but I know you are looking for a Canadian stone.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neither is attractive to me, sorry. You can do so much better on cut, and cut is what makes a diamond sparkle. Does it need to be D? IF clarity? I really think you are shooting yourself in the foot here by prioritizing everything else above cut

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
According to Adiamor's website, they have a specific set of Canadian diamonds that come with a certificate of origin, etc. I looked within those for something well cut under 1ct. Unfortunately none are ideal cut, but these 2 are closest to what we would typically recommend.

Obviously verify origin info with them, but I prefer these to any of the other options shown so far

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Another option is contact Whiteflash and see if they can get you an ACA diamond (or cut one from a rough) that is sourced from Canada.

Don't be afraid of E or F colorless grades or VVS2-VS1 clarity grades if you are concerned with outright eliminating the possiblity of visible inclusions.

There's also Jon at Distinctive Gems, Wink at HPD, and a host of others in conjunction to Adiamor that @lovedogs posted.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Also forgot to mention Brilliant Earth.
Their search functions allows you to filter by origin, and Canada is an option (both earth and lab grown diamonds):

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also forgot to mention Brilliant Earth.
Their search functions allows you to filter by origin, and Canada is an option (both earth and lab grown diamonds):

I think OP started with brilliant earth but they somehow couldn't guarantee origin

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I think OP started with brilliant earth but they somehow couldn't guarantee origin

Found this company that claims to have full Canada Mark diamonds sourced from mines in the Northern Territories...hopefully @Franqui62 can get some affirmation of sourcing and get one of their diamonds in hand.

Franqui62

Rough_Rock
Definitely no on the .32. Video is showing lots of leakage. The .5 is better. Is this a Canadian stone?

Edit...you can do better as far as cut but I know you are looking for a Canadian stone.

Yes, Canadian stone. I’ve definitely ruled out the .32

Franqui62

Rough_Rock
Neither is attractive to me, sorry. You can do so much better on cut, and cut is what makes a diamond sparkle. Does it need to be D? IF clarity? I really think you are shooting yourself in the foot here by prioritizing everything else above cut

My brief was for best cut available. I prefer the lighter stones but said anything down to F/G and VVS1/2 or if less then eye clean. Looked at several others which I didn’t put on here. One had a non-existent girdle! I’ve tried to balance what we want (Canadian, best cut, lighter colour) with the budget. If we could up that a bit, there’s loads more.

Franqui62

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much everyone. I’m exhausted after tiring shift at work, so been a bit hard to take everything in (especially as sat up FAR too late last couple of nights looking at different sites/diamond’s - seriously addictive!).

For now, we’ve decided to go with the .5 above. We realise its limitations, and we were far more open on the brief (D-G, best cut, IF -VVS1/2 or at least eye clean if more inclusions), and these were what came back. Budget is main constraint. This company is in UK too, as are we. I’m hoping to go in person to collect, and it will be easier for servicing.

The plan is to stick with this for now and then upgrade at a later date. It was probably tiredness, but I found Whiteflash site hard to view on my phone.

The main part of the brief was Canadian, and we weren’t reassured by Brilliant Earth in that respect.

We’re learning so much from this site. You guys are amazing. Thanks

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results