shape
carat
color
clarity

Expert Advice Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BadgerKyle

Rough_Rock
So I''m working on the ER for my girlfriend and I needed some advice on a diamond that I''m looking at from the experts here!

Round Brilliant
Measurements: 6.37-6.43X3.96mm
Carat Weight: 1.01 carat
Color Grade: H
Clarity Grade: SI1
Cut Grade: Very Good
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Flourescence: None
Depth: 61.9%
Table: 60%
Crown Angle: 33.5
Crown Height: 13.0%
Pavilion Angle: 41.4%
Pavilion Depth: 44%
Star Length: 50%
Lower Half: 75%
Girdle: Thin to Thick, Faceted (4.5%)
Culet: None

I am pretty limited on budget, as I am still a student! I''ll be proposing right after I graduate. This stone costs 5,050, which seems to be pretty fair for this type of diamond. It''s going to be set in prongs in a square pave halo with a milgrain edge and pave set diamonds down the band (the shank?) in white gold.

I just wanted some feedback on the diamond. I know that it is not even close to the top of the line on the 4Cs, but I know that there were no inclusions that I could see even at 10x, nor is there any color.

Thanks!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
nope, too steep in the pavilion angle, will probably have leakage. Also a thick in the girdle variation. Both points to the stone being cut to go over the 1carat mark which has a significant jump in $/carat.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-1040381680041 budget friendly and ideal cut.
2.gif

Slightly smaller, but under budget. http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-1040397620051

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/14/2010 5:25:37 AM
Author: Stone-cold11
nope, too steep in the pavilion angle, will probably have leakage. Also a thick in the girdle variation. Both points to the stone being cut to go over the 1carat mark which has a significant jump in $/carat.
Ditto

BadgerKyle

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the help everyone! I think I understand it a bit better now.

I''ll post pics once I actually get it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results