shape
carat
color
clarity

Expert Advice Needed - Old European Cut

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
OEC's are fancies. You can't judge them by the lab reports. You HAVE to have images. Nothing but the actual faceting and light return of the stone.

RoyalRaindrop63

Rough_Rock
For a vintage cut vendor, I had a really good experience with Erica of Love Affair Diamonds. She knows her stuff and can provide you with tons of macro images and videos in different lighting environments - and you can see stones side by side for comparison. I would highly recommend checking with her. She has a selection on her website but can also source others for you. To me, OECs have a lot of personality (hence why I love them and got one myself) - but part of this is there are different facet patterns and any two can look completely different. You really do need to see good quality pictures of the stones you're considering.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Like Gypsy said, unfortunately you can judge OECs from lab reports. You need pictures and/or videos. If possible, it is best to see them in person.

I would recommend Jewels by Grace as another vendor to look at for old cuts. She has a great stock, can source more stones aside from what is listed, provides many pictures and videos, and will answer any questions you have relating to the diamond. I have made numerous purchases through her and they have all been gorgeous.

Another good option is Old World Diamonds, as they have a very large stock. I would reach out to Adam directly if you work with OWD, he will select good options that fit your criteria. I would request videos from him, as his pictures don't usually end up representing the stones well.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
armywife13|1448191802|3952730 said:
Like Gypsy said, unfortunately you can judge OECs from lab reports. You need pictures and/or videos. If possible, it is best to see them in person.

I would recommend Jewels by Grace as another vendor to look at for old cuts. She has a great stock, can source more stones aside from what is listed, provides many pictures and videos, and will answer any questions you have relating to the diamond. I have made numerous purchases through her and they have all been gorgeous.

Another good option is Old World Diamonds, as they have a very large stock. I would reach out to Adam directly if you work with OWD, he will select good options that fit your criteria. I would request videos from him, as his pictures don't usually end up representing the stones well.

+1

+ 1 for gypsy as well

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results