shape
carat
color
clarity

Expert Advice Needed: Help!!! - Damaged Peridot

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

salieri

Rough_Rock
My significant other was at a party and lost her Peridot earring. After looking for it, she found it, but it was stepped on...
6.gif

The peridot itself got scuffed up. We tried taking it to a jeweler, but for liability purposes, they wouldn''t polish the stone because a Peridot is a soft stone.

Is there anything that can be done? I was really hoping to get these marks out of the stone...

I took a picture comparing the two earrings. The one on the left is the "good one" while the one on the right is the "bad one."

Any help would be appreciated...thanks!

Salieri-Perido-12-16-08.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry that happened. You might email some of the online dealers that cut stones to see if they can polish it out for you. You might have to replace the stone. Good luck.

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
Can you take another pic of the reverse sides with a metric rule? That would give a lot more info.

From this pic it''s impossible to see if the damage is surface or internal, so a pic face up with the light reflecting off the table would perhaps answer this question.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
It would probably be cheaper to just replace the stone I''m afraid.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pandora, that''s what I was thinking. It would probably be better to just replace the stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results